Options

Another exam or wait help please :)

noel123ienoel123ie Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Im MCSA ,MCITP and Sec+ certified

I currently work on helpdesk level two in Ireland. Im looking to move and am getting an interview a week which is great in the current financial times we live in.

However I enjoy doing exams and was wondering is there any exam I could do that would help my chances of getting a job?

Could I tie the current exams in with some . NET qualification something like the old MCAD?

Any help would be great
Noel

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Hey Noel something like ITIL wont do your CV any harm at this stage. It non-technical but very much in demand at the moment.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep ITIL would look good on the CV.

You may want to start looking into the Cisco routes like CCNA to balance out all the server knowledge you have, with networking knowledge. That is what I am looking to do when I get my MCITP. I know these certs don't come overnight and are not short term but I think with your server knowledge, accompanied with studying networks on the CV would help.

Or you could pursue more server related products for Microsoft like Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, or the System Center Suite SCCM, SCOM, DPM, SCVVM etc. I would always recommend a look at Linux at some point, whether you get into Comptia Linux+ to see the basics and different distros available or something more serious like RHCE.

The world of certs is your oyster! I would highly recommend Cisco or another networking certification in your current position.

Good luck with the job interview!