Free 2nd Shot - How to use?

pabs1983pabs1983 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently failed my first Microsoft Exam icon_cry.gif.

Luckily, as with all the previous, I made sure I got myself the free second shot. Unfortunately, i dont know how to use it. I put the voucher code in when i payed for the original exam, however, when i try to rebook they want to charge me another £88.

Does anyone know how to activate these voucher codes?

Comments

• beany101beany101 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,

I think you have to ring whoever issued your voucher (Prometric, or who you bought your learning package from) and ask them to open up the voucher code to allow you to book your second shot.

Sorry to hear you failed your first MS exam - I failed my first one too when I took it- which one are you doing?

I think once you get the hang of the format and the style of the questions, they definetly become clearer to you.

Good luck!
    MCSA and MCITP:EA - hooray!! (29th July 2010)

70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647

:thumbup:
  • pabs1983pabs1983 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was for the 70-642 Exam. Felt at the time that i'd pissed it, but only scored 675. I put it down to the scoring, but then thats probably me being bitter...
  • pabs1983pabs1983 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have emailed Prometric, as it was them i booked with. I got the voucher from the MS training website
  • beany101beany101 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ah well hope the second shot goes much better - you weren't far off!

The 70-642 is my next one (currently doing the 70-640).

Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    MCSA and MCITP:EA - hooray!! (29th July 2010)

70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647

:thumbup:
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm preparing to take the 70-642 also. Hopefully I don't have to take it twice (knock on wood) as there is a lot of material covered.

Godd luck on your retake!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Jonny70Jonny70 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let us know if you hear anything from Prometric. Maybe the Microsoft guys could help you out too. Their twitter is @MSLearning.

Best of luck with the second shot! You'll get it this time!
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I'm sorry you did not pass - I also failed an exam last week 70-646. icon_sad.gif

I have the same problem in trying to use my second shot.

Prometric reckon that someone else has used my second shot voucher number.

I phoned microsoft (having spoken to prometric on the phone) and they have referred it to their technical dept.

Time is running out for the end of June and some test centres are fully booked, nearest vacancy is 2.5 hrs drive away.

Will be interesting to see what outcome we get :)