Options

CIPT1: Partitions and CSS

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm probably missing something obvious here...

I'm using CUCM v7.0.1 in VMware attached to a 3725 as my MGCP gateway.

Outbound calls are working fine with partitions and CSS assigned.

Inbound calls are are different matter.

Without partitions and CSS assigned, indial calls proceed as expected from my PSTN lab router to any handset / DN. I'm using an E1 service (shouldn't matter), 4 significant digits and no number translations/transformations.

With a CSS assigned for inbound calls, and no partition assigned to the DN, the call proceeds as expected.

When I assign the PT_Internal partition to the DN, I get a fast busy signal. The CSS assigned for inbound calls contains the PT_Internal partition.

I'm open to suggestions at this stage, or to be shown my (bound to be obvious) error...icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    OK, worked it out.

I just checked my work and confirmed I had the created partitions assigned to all devices, so was at a bit of a loss to why inbound calls were not making it through. Nothing (that I could find) was assigned to the [none] partition.

I then checked the Route Plan Report to ensure all dialable numbers were assigned to the correct partition and found duplicate DNs listed. So I had a DN=1001 assigned to the PT_Internal partition and a duplicate DN=1001 assigned to the [none] partition. I removed the duplicates and presto, inbound calls now flow through. Obviously the duplicates were throwing CUCM's call matching logic.

Till my next problem...icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good stuff... I'm studying the CCNA voice so everything you said mentioned in your previous post is foreign to me... (at this time)!!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    icon_lol.gif

Even having done CCNA-V, its still a learning curve. However, its all good experience and something to add to my notes, and something to keep in mind for TUC when I finally get there.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    azaghul wrote: »
    icon_lol.gif

Even having done CCNA-V, its still a learning curve. However, its all good experience and something to add to my notes, and something to keep in mind for TUC when I finally get there.

I can't wait to start actual unity. I'm stuck with the fundamentals right now =(
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    paulougorBRpaulougorBR Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    azaghul wrote: »
    I'm probably missing something obvious here...

I'm using CUCM v7.0.1 in VMware attached to a 3725 as my MGCP gateway.

Outbound calls are working fine with partitions and CSS assigned.

Inbound calls are are different matter.

Without partitions and CSS assigned, indial calls proceed as expected from my PSTN lab router to any handset / DN. I'm using an E1 service (shouldn't matter), 4 significant digits and no number translations/transformations.

With a CSS assigned for inbound calls, and no partition assigned to the DN, the call proceeds as expected.

When I assign the PT_Internal partition to the DN, I get a fast busy signal. The CSS assigned for inbound calls contains the PT_Internal partition.

I'm open to suggestions at this stage, or to be shown my (bound to be obvious) error...icon_lol.gif

If this problem occurs, try changing the CSS from Gateway to a CSS containing the partition of DN.
    Tell me if works

Regards,
    Paulo Ugor - Brazil
  • Options
    Had previously tried changing CSS, but I found duplicate DNs registered (not by design either), one with a partition and the other without. So the call routing was loosing the plot. But all fine now.