Options

Since class time can count for PM experience

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Does study time for Project+ count towards the PMP? If I spent 2 months studying for this exam, could those hours be included towards the criteria for the PMP?

I have 6 months project management experience in the IT sector. I was just wondering if I could add on to that with this course/study time.

Thanks for any insight?!

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Does study time for Project+ count towards the PMP? If I spent 2 months studying for this exam, could those hours be included towards the criteria for the PMP?

No. The education requirement is for 35 hours of formal education, which means PM education delivered through a PMI REP.

The experience requirement is for experience delivering projects according to PMBOK.

You could always create projects for yourself, and manage them according to the PMBOK, and I don't see any reason why you could define the achievement of a certification in line with what the PMBOK says, and document all of the different aspects of it and treat it as a formal project...

MS
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eMeS wrote: »
    No. The education requirement is for 35 hours of formal education, which means PM education delivered through a PMI REP.

The experience requirement is for experience delivering projects according to PMBOK.

You could always create projects for yourself, and manage them according to the PMBOK, and I don't see any reason why you could define the achievement of a certification in line with what the PMBOK says, and document all of the different aspects of it and treat it as a formal project...

MS

Thanks for the insight