Mr. Network+ <-- Certified

rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
I finished the Network+ with an hour to spare. The content seemed way blander than the CCENT exam icon_lol.gif. I got a decently high score; I pretty much reviewed my notes from about 5 months ago lol.

Next up is Security+ and I'm already 1/3 through Darill's book.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    congrats!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As always thanks for the support :) I'm looking forward to the day I become Mr. C|EH and Mr. CISSP haha.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, you're on a roll! icon_thumright.gif
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats!
    Next up is Security+ and I'm already 1/3 through Darill's book.

this book was the best resource i found for my preparation.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    good goal. like i said, i'm right behind you!!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    I imagine it was kind of easy already having a CCENT
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats!
    I imagine it was kind of easy already having a CCENT

Hah! Most definitely. Once I got to about the 30th question, in my head I was like "I got this". There is one or two non-vital things I definitely need to brush up on just for knowledge sake.
    good goal. like i said, i'm right behind you!!

Keep pushing! I'll see you soon :)
    congrats!
    this book was the best resource i found for my preparation.

This is literally the first time I've ever actually loved reading a book haha! Darill is the man.
    Congrats, you're on a roll! icon_thumright.gif

True that! The train isn't stopping anytime soooooon!
  • TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job! Told everyone n + is easy
    Needs 100K
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The test is easy (865 when I took it) but getting the knowledge takes a little work. It pays in the long run to actually learn. I'm taking the 70-642 next week and I'm seeing stuff I learned studying for the Net+ on the practice tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • ZillatechZillatech Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Speaking of Network +, who has the best Video Training for this one? I'm an MSCE from NT 4.0 and back then it was called "Network Essentials". I'm thinking about adding the Network + Cert to my resume but haven't bought any specific Videos for that yet.

What have the rest of you used to prep for that exam?
    The sybex book would probably do it given you have some background in networking. I found the trainsignal and cbt nugget videos really good. I learn by experience (more visually than anything) and those videos made it easier to get acquainted with the actual "look" of concepts and cabling. I watched them before I join the Cisco Net Academy.