Hitting around 60% on the 2 Sybex practice exams :/

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Test will be set for this Friday. I will continue to read and try to memorize and learn as much as I can.

Hopefully I can pull out a good test score.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck. Come back and tell us how you did after the test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Failed and I am done with it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear about that. It was a tough test, I only passed by 6 points and I had studied a lot and thought I would ace it.
    I don't really blame you for being done with it. Unless work/school requires the Proj+ it is hardly worth the paper it's printed on. That's just my opinion on the Proj+ though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that. It was a tough test, I only passed by 6 points and I had studied a lot and thought I would ace it.
    I don't really blame you for being done with it. Unless work/school requires the Proj+ it is hardly worth the paper it's printed on. That's just my opinion on the Proj+ though.

My exact thoughts.

The material in the book covered maybe 75% of the material present on the test.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Which version of the test did you take???
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Which version of the test did you take???

You know what pissed me off the most. The fact that not only did I spend 239 USD on this exam. I received a piece of paper at the end of it telling me how little I knew and the fact that I neglicted my children for 3 weeks for this.

Certz are nice and it's cool I have few, but my game is quick and accurate decision making at work and my ability to communicate extremely well. I think I'll stick with that, because honestly in the long run this will probably get me farther.

Thanks for the sharing the information on this exam, I appreciated the time.

Take care

Patrick
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What's the score you got? I took the beta for the new exam and failed that but if I took the older exam, I might have passed :S
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    What's the score you got? I took the beta for the new exam and failed that but if I took the older exam, I might have passed :S

390 icon_sad.gif

O well life goes on. Believe it or not this was the first failed certification I have ever encountered.