9 layers of the OSI Model?

jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
- Master Yoda

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    That stupid hat was enough to make me lose all interest. icon_lol.gif
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    /usr wrote:
    That stupid hat was enough to make me lose all interest. icon_lol.gif

Well, here's part of what you missed:

Why end-users don't like you:
    (Network Administrators)

1. You make more than they do.

2. No one knows or understands what you do, and when you try to explain it, they think you are trying to make them feel stupid.

3. You get to go out for lunch, while they sit at their desk and eat microwave vomit.

4. When you are at their desk, no matter how well you think you are hiding it, the shrine of cat pictures around their monitor turns your stomach.

5. Their boss is afraid of your boss.

6. After explaining to you for twenty minutes what their problem is and what they think you should do to fix it, you simply say: "Reboot." And walk away.

7. And of course, you can always tell what they lack in their daily dietary requirements from the food crumbs that are shaken from their keyboards. I personally like to shake their keyboard out onto a white paper and tell them they need more iron. I should probably quit doing that.

8. They think we are arrogant.

9. Never fix an end-users home computer, because they will never be happy with it and you will be pulling it out of their trunk for the rest of your life.

/usr:
    Yeah, I know that hat is stupid looking, but he's kinda funny!
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I laughed at the hat also, but I read the article & I understood & see every line & example he wrote. Last year I was a good network administrator & this year I am a Great network administrator (or getting much closer). You 4 sure have to be a good network admin before you move on. But I do totaly understand. F%*#king nice article.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    funny, but so true on the 9 layers icon_eek.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    6. After explaining to you for twenty minutes what their problem is and what they think you should do to fix it, you simply say: "Reboot." And walk away.

So true...
  • DeadProphetDeadProphet Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hahahaha.. I liked number 7.

:Dicon_twisted.gif