Options

JNCIA-M/JNCIS-M sample exams & lab kit?

andyh123andyh123 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi all,

excuse the n00b questions, first post in this forum ...

I am looking to take the JNCIA-M & JNCIS-M exams over the next 6-12 months. I have CC[IN]P - so hopefully I have a fair grasp of the protocols - & have been working in SP's for 10+ years although not lately with either cisco or Juni kit. I have some Juni experience with a Tier-1 on M20/40/160 from way back when, but nothing terribly current

I have the Soricelli et al. books for I/S & the Reynolds books for P/E. I also have a bunch of cisco's in my lab & a have built a couple of Olives to play with

are there sample exams available for A/S? something boson-like (without the horrific typo's) would be helpful

also, any suggestions for lab kit? I suspect that I may be fine with the Olives, but I hear that Juni may now be do-able on the cisco-type sims

many thanks

~andy
JNCIS-ENT - :study:

Comments

• Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    I've not done anything in terms of certs yet, but I've been playing with virtual olives in Dynamips for the past couple of weeks, and they work quite well, if you feel like checking out my blog I've got a couple of things I've done between virtual ciscos and virtual Junipers.

I used this to get it working Olive reloaded or how to emulate Juniper routers | GNS3, there are a couple of mistakes in the guide, but some of the comments take care of it all.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    "My packets bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like, its faster than your" - LOL

thanks, will have a read :)
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Yea, kinda lacking there in this regards. The CD's that come with the sybex books do have a test engine but it's the same questions found in the assement test and the chapt questions found in the book. The one thing that the CDs do have is flash cards that are helpful.

Not much for basic lab books either. Honestly though if you're interested in mocking up a lab check out the labs in the IP/IE books. They just have the lab applications of what is found in the IS book. Before I took my IS-M I mocked up some stuff from the IP book and that really helped when it came test day for the IS.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    thanks Aldur, I will have a dig through. I can generally figure out for myself what scenarios/topologies I need to build to learn the material, but some pointers are always useful :)

do the A/S exams have interactive stuff in them, like the cisco certs, or are they purely multiple choice?
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Yea, you can get some good labs going by just throwing stuff together on your own, but it's very true that it's helpful to have some pointers getting going.

With the A/S exams you're looking at pure multiple choice, no sims or anything to worry about.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    thanks Aldur. if it's not breaking NDA, what are the pass marks for the A/S exams?
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it's not nda'd, and is available on juniper's website.

jncia-m: 90 minutes, 60 questions, 70% to pass
    jncis-m: 90 minutes, 75 questions, 70% to pass

here's the link specific to the m/t track....
    M Series & T Series Certification Track - Juniper Networks

if you try other exams, browse around on that link to check those ones out. a lot of the newer tracks are coming out with a 80% to pass.
  • Options
    cool, missed that on the website, many thanks :)