ROUGH!!! But done :)

tru504187211tru504187211 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thought I was going to see a score of 300 on the score page, but passed with a 764! I started using the Sybex book, but when time got short, I broke down and purchased the CBT Nuggets which was GREAT! I learned more from that than I did the book so I guess I'm a visual learner. The exam itself seemed like mostly DNS, followed be equally divided number of WSUS, routing, DHCP and RRAS questions.

MCSA:2003 done so onto Security+

Thanks for all the site links that also assisted with the studying for this test!

Comments

• gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass!! Are you moving onto MCSE after sec+?
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • tru504187211tru504187211 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To be honest...I don't use much of the security technology in the last exams I'd need for that, so they would be pretty tough for me. I'd probably end up upgrading to the EA for 2008 instead.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats.

I agree, the cbt nuggets are good for this test. I started reading my book and was losing the desire to read because it was so much information pounded at me. So I started watching my videos. I'm still getting a ton of information, but I'm watching it and James is a good teacher. I figure that after I finish I can go back to my book and now it will make sense to me because I can link what I'm reading to an experience.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MCSA:2003 done so onto Security+

Congrats! And after I pass on the 23rd (hopefully) I'll be pursuing Sec+ too!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    I'd love to do the sec+, just wish it was a bit cheaper!

Moaning git I know hehe icon_moneyeyes.gif
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on the Pass!!!
  • tru504187211tru504187211 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gateway wrote: »
    I'd love to do the sec+, just wish it was a bit cheaper!

Moaning git I know hehe icon_moneyeyes.gif

I'm lucky in that regard...my FT job pays for certifications :)

THANK YOU ALL for the kind words!