Transcender

Technut34Technut34 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
What kind of average score do you need on the practice exams too feel comfortable to sit for the real one?

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Technut34 wrote: »
    What kind of average score do you need on the practice exams too feel comfortable to sit for the real one?

Personally, at a minimum 90%, and that's after taking three random tests with Transcenders. That's what I needed before I took both A+ exams and the Network+.

Mind you, we're talking about the older objectives, as I took A+ and Network+ about 5 years ago, but the principles are the same. I like the Transcenders because it feels like you're taking a real exam and if you're comfortable in the knowledge, you will pass the real thing. It's more mental than anything else.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Varies between vendors, and possible even tests. By default Transcender considers 100% as passing. I drop that down and consider 90% as passing, but getting in the 80%'s usually won't upset me.

Keep in mind that getting 100% doesn't mean that you are going to pass the tests. Many people have taken that 100% as they know the material, when really all they know is the transcender questions. They walk into a buzzsaw in the test.

My strategy is to use Transcenders very sparingly at first. After a few weeks of study I'll start to pull a set of 10 questions at random every couple days just to see where I'm at. When I'm in the last week up until test I take quite a bit more. I also save the "real" tests until the last week as well. I only have 4 of them and I don't waste them just for the heck of it. (Sure, you can take them again. But it just isn't the same.)

Flash cards can be a good tool, but I typically don't bother with them much. I would rather spend my time picking up my second book, doing research on the web, or labbing.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    erpadmin wrote: »
    It's more mental than anything else.

First test I ever took was A+, which was administered by one of my teachers at my college. I was killing time before the test and pulled out my laptop and did my 4th full test. It took me like 22 minutes and I scored 100%. I walked into that test with my chest puffed out and ready to kick some @**.

Unfortunately I didn't repeat that 100% on the real test, but I did pass by a modest margin.
  • Technut34Technut34 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for the input and sorry I haven't responded I've been in the wilderness for a few. I've taken my A+ and passed since i wrote the post. my average score on the trancender was 85% so i guess that was good enough on too NET+ wish me luck and thanks again.
    Congrats on the pass. What is next for you?
  • Technut34Technut34 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    study hard for my NET+ i should be ready to take that in a couple of months or sooner
    Good luck. I used Transcender for my Net+ as well.