Can I take icnd1 and icnd2 on the same day/place?

reminisce32reminisce32 Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□

Comments

• ChandlermommyChandlermommy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why not just take the CCNA composite exam then??
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□

I second this... the CCENT is not so important that you should hurt yourself mentally like that in one day. Why take 100 or so questions on the same topics when you could take 50 or so.

That being said, I'm pretty sure you could.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    There are restrictions on taking the same exam too quickly again but I don't believe there is anything that prohibits you from doing ICND1 and ICND2 on the same day. What Chandlermommy said anyway. Why not take the composite exam?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sure -- and if you have time we can also try and squeeze in a psych eval icon_lol.gif

I guess if you take and Fail the CCNA you're out the entire $250, where if you fail one of the ICND1/ICND2 exams you're only out $125..... but the two exams back-to-back would be more of a grind. If you're young and still in School/University "finals mode" then you could probably do it.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    what would really piss you off is if you failed icnd1 and passed icnd2 lol
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Sure -- and if you have time we can also try and squeeze in a psych eval icon_lol.gif

This was my first thought. I'd go for the composite if you were thinking about doing something like that. I went and took ICND2 yesterday and the proctor was telling me I was the 7th person taking a Cisco test yesterday and all of us passed. One guy took two of them, but the two that he took were the last 2 he needed for CCSP.
    :study:
    chrisone wrote: »
    what would really piss you off is if you failed icnd1 and passed icnd2 lol

Haha that made me laugh!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • reminisce32reminisce32 Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    isn't that one harder to pass than to do the two separate ones due to time? I heard you have less time per question with the single exam.

also, does it turn out to be the same price?
    isn't that one harder to pass than to do the two separate ones due to time? I heard you have less time per question with the single exam.

also, does it turn out to be the same price?

With the comp exam you have 50 or so questions on all of the topics, and you are given 90 minutes (I think) to finish.

With ICND1, you have 50 or so questions on half of the CCNA topics, and you are given 90 minutes (I think) to finish.

With the ICND2, you have 50 or so questions on the second half of the CCNA topics, and you are given 90 minutes (I think) to finish.

So your options for the same knowledge are essentially:

Take 100+ questions and 3 hours to get your CCENT and CCNA
    or
    Take 50+ questions and 1.5 hours to get your CCNA.

The two exam route is only easier if you studied half of the material at a time to master that half before moving on to the second half. If you have detailed knowledge of both, it almost removes the point of taking the two exam route.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    In this case the only downside to the one exam route is you never actually get a ccent cert. If you think you need to fill some space on your resume then go the two exam route. Otherwise take the single.