Good places to find accurate practice exams [not looking for braindumps]

ScytheX10ScytheX10 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi. I'm taking a N+ exam in about a month 1/2. Is there a repository of exams that closely mimic the level of accuracy of a/the exam?

I'm not looking for a braindump, but I'm looking for something to get a feel on the expected level of accuracy of the questions on this exam. I'm sort of after a guidance system for my studying, to know if I should get DEEP into routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF/IS-IS/RIP/EIGRP/etc or if I can sort of bullet point specific things.[for this particular exam]

This will be my first professional exam in a series of many, I'm just trying to know what to expect before that timer starts.

Comments

• L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Probably your best bet would be Transcender. They are pretty expensive though, but they mimic most exams pretty well. I think you might just be ahead to take the test and see how it goes instead of paying $100 for a Transcender exam. Even if you don't pass you know what to expect next time.

The Net+ isn't a very in depth exam. You won't need to know routing protocols in depth or anything like that. You should know the basics about common routing protocols. If you follow the Comptia exam objectives and study up, you'll be fine. Good luck to you!
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The big thing you need to learn is mediums (lengths/distances/speeds) and ports. The rest is pretty basic. For a less expensive alternative Labsim/testout which is video training and has practice test questions. Best resource for the Net+ for the money.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • ScytheX10ScytheX10 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah Testout/labsim was recommended to me a number of times, so I'll look into it for sure. I also heard that there is a discount for students.

I think it's $89 for the download version of Labsim for students.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • ScytheX10ScytheX10 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    I think it's $89 for the download version of Labsim for students.

I assume that's just the videos, and the 'virtual' lab exorcises+ practice exams?
    The download version has everything the CD version has but if you have poor internet connection then you'll want to get the CD. The fact sheets you can print out while taking the course if you want to. I've heard they have some type of book or study guide too but that must be seperate. I've never gotten anything with the CD version from WGU that isn't available with the download version.
    With the CD version the main difference is that you don't have that little wait time for the video or lab to download. My wait with the download version is about a minute or too and I have really crap DSL.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Probably your best bet would be Transcender. They are pretty expensive though, but they mimic most exams pretty well.

That's my choice as well.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed just using the study guide and practice tests on mcmcse.com
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Probably your best bet would be Transcender. They are pretty expensive though, but they mimic most exams pretty well.!

I've used Transcender for every test I've taken except for one of them. Network+ was one of the tests that I used it for. I think they are a good product and believe them to be worth the money. They also offer a money back guarentee.
    Decide what to be and go be it.