what is the success rate for CCIE??

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
How many people do get this cert???
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check out the Cisco website for info on this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/ccie/index.html

I think they have a few press releases there that talk about it.
    Regards.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    x_Danny_x wrote:
    How many people do get this cert???
    You can find the exact statistics, per country, here:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/ccie/certified_ccies/worldwide.html

I read somehwere, some time ago though, that 80% does not pass at their first attempt of the lab exam.
  • x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys!

damn 80%! that must be some tough lab. They require 5 years experience just to take the exam.
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Actually they don't require five years experience to take the lab. Cisco strongly encourages you to have 3 to 5 years experience, but don't require it.
  • CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    Actually they don't require five years experience to take the lab. Cisco strongly encourages you to have 3 to 5 years experience, but don't require it.

Cisco's view seems to be that "hey, it's your money." The lab portion is something like $1200+ to take it. The written is $350, I believe.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Ahhh yes, CCIE, my goal of goals........80% really? Hey, at least i know I've a long way to go.......something to look forward to...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    x_Danny_x wrote:
    thanks guys!

damn 80%! that must be some tough lab. They require 5 years experience just to take the exam.

There are actually multiple labs..

Routing and Switching
    Security
    Service Provider
    Voice
    Storage area networks

All of them are hard. Some people take them and never pass. One guy I work with, got his on the 4th try...another guy I work with took it for the 6th time, last week, and still did not make it.

And others are correct...there is no "requirement" on time. I know of one person that got their IE with under 1 year experience...so, it can be done.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA