only downside to passing tests and posting about it on here....

all the private messages i get asking for test questions after each one. no i didn't spend all my free time for you to get a free pass. does everyone get these private messages?
WIP: IPS exam

Comments

• gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Never - where do these questions come from and more importantly how do they get your details?
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There may be some braindumps who occasionally come in here hoping to get some free test questions. There is a report to admin on pm's you receive if you think that may be the case. I agree about working hard and not giving someone else a free ride.
    Personally, I get a lot of PMs asking me stuff that I feel I'm not really qualified to answer and I just tell them to start a thread with their question.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    earweed wrote: »
    There is a report to admin on pm's you receive if you think that may be the case.

ahh havent seen this. will be handy for sure. thanks!
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    At another forum I posted that I passed my CISSP and I got a few questions about specific questions.

I was like um yeah like I could remember specific questions on a 250 question exam.....
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have never been asked a question. (I'll probably have 6 messages waiting for me when I wake up tomorrow)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd be flattered if I were you. I've never been asked once... icon_sad.gif
    dynamik wrote: »
    I'd be flattered if I were you. I've never been asked once... icon_sad.gif

Don't cry, I just asked for some questions.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    They only ask the smart people ;)
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    maybe i'm too soft on here. i need to be a bastard more to keep these people away.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They only ask the smart people ;)

Guess that rules me out.

Zing! :)
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I received a solicitation the other day for help "passing my security cert." The offer was to basically have someone physically take the exam for me. Webmaster pwned the guy before I forwarded the PM his way, so know that this site takes that stuff very seriously.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I havent received such a request, ever.

O well, I guess I'm not popular enough.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I've been asked before but not on this site... I find it insulting really. Someone wants a free ride and to boot they are going to discredit the cert and take away from the work I've put in....

Keep in mind the work ethic of the people asking as well. Do you really want that dude wandering around with the same cert as you?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Weird, never experienced that...
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Never been asked a question. I have asked about recommended study material on certain certification. I guess I view this as a brotherhood, others don't. A simple please don't IM me anymore would probably do the trick.
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    I received a solicitation the other day for help "passing my security cert." The offer was to basically have someone physically take the exam for me. Webmaster pwned the guy before I forwarded the PM his way, so know that this site takes that stuff very seriously.
    I got one like that saying they would pass any cert test for me. The webmaster dealt with it pretty quickly.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    N2IT wrote: »
    Never been asked a question. I have asked about recommended study material on certain certification. I guess I view this as a brotherhood, others don't. A simple please don't IM me anymore would probably do the trick.

I don't think asking about study materials is what the OP is talking about. If someone on here has a problem with getting a PM about study material why exactly are they posting on a certification forum icon_scratch.gif
    N2IT wrote: »
    A simple please don't IM me anymore would probably do the trick.

It might stop that one person, but I think the issue that Nick is referring to is multiple people are requesting information.
    If someone on here has a problem with getting a PM about study material why exactly are they posting on a certification forum icon_scratch.gif

I would never have a problem with a PM asking for help. I would be glad to help someone out, but I won't be intentionally violating the NDA to do so.
    to clarify: i was getting asked for the exact wording of questions from the exams themselves.

i'm more than happy to lend advice though!
    i'm more than happy to lend advice though!

What happened to being a bastard?
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    What happened to being a bastard?

haha i already forgot.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    all the private messages i get asking for test questions after each one. no i didn't spend all my free time for you to get a free pass. does everyone get these private messages?

I've only gotten one PM asking me for a copy of the paper I just wrote for a class at WGU. I never responded but read later that they passed the class. Hopefully legitimately.

Edit: Just got a PM asking for resume advice or a lead on a job. Does that count?
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    I haven't gotten anything like that before, just general stuff. I think I would be pissed is I was though, knowing how much it takes to pass a test, I would tell them where to stick it.

I didn't know being a bastard was bad, and all this time I thought it was a compliment, LOL.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
    azjag wrote: »
    Edit: Just got a PM asking for resume advice or a lead on a job. Does that count?

Nope, that is a legitimet question. I was just asked today for some tips on landing a job.

The things we are talking about here are the questions that are PM'd because if they weren't, the person would get bashed from all sides and their post would be removed by a mod.

Things like, "What were the questions that you had on the exam" or "what is a good **** site"

Things like How would you rate an exam or how can I get a job are fair game. Although usually those questions could also just be posted on the forum, and you will get a more variety or responses.
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    OHhh!! so thats NOT allowed?!... icon_redface.gif j/k

seriously can't believe ppl are ballsy enough to pm with questions like that
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
    skyline wrote: »
    seriously can't believe ppl are ballsy enough to pm with questions like that
    ballsy? Create an anonymous account, and send a pm to someone you don't know. Where does the ballsy part come in?
    ballsy? Create an anonymous account, and send a pm to someone you don't know. Where does the ballsy part come in?

Seriously. Thats the opposite of ballsy.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nope, that is a legitimet question. I was just asked today for some tips on landing a job.

shucks, i was hoping it would count. =)
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »

OMG Reported to MS for dumping!
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com