the beast got me

From GerFrom Ger Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
During the exam I felt good, but they started to hit me with command promts, that where i messed it up. The score sheet shows the areas I am weak are "Maintain a Network Infrastructure" and "Implement, Manage, and Maintain Network Security. I followed the advise from many users in here and focused DNS, remote access, and DHCP and it shows ok in the score sheet.
From Q: 1 to 9, I had all simulations and I really felt good. I try the second shot and hope I still can schedule until June 30th, but need to wait until prometric clears my history to failed instead of pending.
Hopefully I will make it the second time. Good luck to everybody else

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dun dun dun....

Command prompts can be impossible, lots of commands, and even more switches.

What was the score?

Get that test booked tomorrow. You have to wait a day for rebooking, but you also don't want to go to register and find no dates.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • From GerFrom Ger Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Score was 634, I will book tomorrow to get it for free. Also got the CBT Nuggets to go over my weak spots.
    From Ger wrote: »
    Score was 634, I will book tomorrow to get it for free. Also got the CBT Nuggets to go over my weak spots.

Close call, the nuggets are very good for this test. I just watched the kerberos one last night, and it blew my mind. The only words that come to mind are "oh my god". He goes over the different communications of authentication and how each one gets encrypted. I might need to watch that one 3 or 4 times.
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    Good try, this is a killer exam. I remember sweating this one. I didn't have the luxury of 2nd shot either..icon_lol.gif Seriously though hammer through on the areas your weak in, and any Q's you have throw them up here if need be.

I'm sure next time around you'll nail it
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Close call, the nuggets are very good for this test. I just watched the kerberos one last night, and it blew my mind. The only words that come to mind are "oh my god". He goes over the different communications of authentication and how each one gets encrypted. I might need to watch that one 3 or 4 times.

How'd you like the ipsec videos? I'm thankful for my security background, hopefully that section is easy for me on the test.

From Ger, good luck with second shot.
    IPsec wasn't that bad. The videos made sense, and I have also done a couple labs in the past that made everything kind of fit in.

I don't think I'm ready to troubleshoot problems with it yet or to even configure my own policy, but that will come in time. Get the theory of it down first, and I can lab on it and read about it to learn more.