Passed ICND1 yesterday

x5150x5150 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
889/1000

Books used - Cisco Press Odom Simulator Edition and Exam Cram
Simulator - Cisco press (boson)

Time spent - 100+ hours spread out over 4 months while working full time and still trying to have a life lol.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! Whats next?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • wrwarwickwrwarwick Member Posts: 104
  • fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats icon_cheers.gif
    CCNP :study:
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

ICND2 next?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! Let your Cisco journey commence!!! icon_cheers.gif
  • x5150x5150 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yah ICND2 and final goal is CCNP.

I know boot camps are looked down upon here, but I'm really considering a boot camp for CCNP because its really hard to only get in 1 hour a night, maybe 2, with some weekend hours of studying, pick up where you left off, juggling full-time work and time with wife, family, and friends , and learn this stuff.

It already took me 4 months this way just to get through ICND1.

If I had 10 hours a day for 14 days where I didn't have to think about anything else seems appealing now.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ICND2 is some pretty awesome stuff. I'm enjoying it more than the ICND1 material, so there's something to look forward to :)
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif

If that's what you got to do! But, just remember don't throw the wife and kids out there, you might find that someone else works full time, goes to college full time, is married, and has three kids. That was a CCNA and is now a CCNP. I don't know who that could be though. icon_lol.gif

I think there is some guy around here that has a monkey in his picture or something that does what I said above.
  • mrcspl571mrcspl571 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats fellow 889/1000 buddy. icon_thumright.gif
  • fredlwalfredlwal Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your passing of ICND1
    what was your study regiment since were in similar situations even though i'm about to get engaged within a few months but I would like to get my CCNA out of the way?
  • x5150x5150 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    fredlwal wrote: »
    Congrats on your passing of ICND1
    what was your study regiment since were in similar situations even though i'm about to get engaged within a few months but I would like to get my CCNA out of the way?

1-2 hours per day Mon-Thurs between 9pm - 12pm, some Saturday afternoon, and Sunday hours. I don't think this schedule will work if you want to get the whole CCNA done in 3 months.

I felt like it took me 2 hours per chapter to read and do questions x ~30 chapters + 25 hours labs + 20 hours tests and reviews = 105+ hours. And that was just ICND1 not the whole thing.

In 2006 I had a similar schedule and took about 5 months to do the complete CCNA. I started from scratch this year because I never touched or talked about anything with Cisco networking for 4 years.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    icon_thumright.gif Congrats on the pass!!!!!!!!! ICND2 next? Time Frame?