Is getting A+ worth it? If I'm going to get Server+?

qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
Just wondering what everyones two cents is on this issue. I'm pretty much qualified for to take the A+ test, I would probably need max one week prep per exam. But I want to get the Server+ certification for sure. Is it worth me actually getting A+? Would employers realize if that A+ and Server+ somewhat overlap each other?

Do you recommend getting both? Or just go for the Server+
World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you feel you're confident enough for a weeks study, go for it. If youmix A+ with either Net+ or Server+, you have an elective for MCSA also.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I'm just wondering if it's worth it because I gotta dish out more money icon_sad.gif
    As for MCSA, I think I'm heading in the Cisco route rather then Microsoft.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you think you already know the material, then you probably don't need it. Especially where you're going the Cisco track. It will be assumed that you know the stuff anyway(with or without the A+ cert), but as long as you're not a complete idiot, you should be ok.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i found the hardware stuff interesting (ie. the architecture and stuff)..software stuff i knew b4..buti find it useful for my own benefit rather than anything else!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    I went for Server+ right after A+. There were a lot of topics that I had little knowledge of (e.g., newer tape formats, exotic forms of SCSI, disaster planning/recovery), and I found that it was a good study experience.

Employment-wise, I've never seen a job requisition that mentioned Server+. I'm not sure it counts towards any other cert than the MCSA.