Pass Net +

gabilangabilan Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
I pass Net+ exam yesterday with a score of 873. Thanks to the tech notes of this site and the recomendations of all the people that participate in this site.

Next Cert Security + or CNNA. Which one do you recomennd. I work like a network technician. I am responsible for two Lan that are connected via WAN island wide.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulations.

If you want to move fast go for sec+ or MCSA/E then CCNA. CCNA is a drag and i have to confess at times i feel i should have gone for microsoft or Sec+ right after Net+. Just my opinion coz people are different. Whichever way you chose good luck.

Cheers.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    First off, I wan't to say congrats gabilan :P

Next...
    Alien wrote:
    Congratulations.

If you want to move fast go for sec+ or MCSA/E then CCNA. CCNA is a drag and i have to confess at times i feel i should have gone for microsoft or Sec+ right after Net+. Just my opinion coz people are different. Whichever way you chose good luck.

Cheers.

Why do you say MCSA/E before CCNA? Can you elaborate a bit more? Not trying to troll or anything but I was setting goals towards CCNA for next year but I'd be interested why you think MCSA/E should be done before CCNA. You say it's a drag, what do you mean by that? It just takes long to do?
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    CCNA covers a wider objective from basic networking to advanced technologies like Wide Area Networking, remote access, configuring routers and switches, subnetting, access lists and many more. It goes deeper into most of the techonologies covered on N+ such as ethernet, ISDN, Frame Relay, PPP to name but a few. It calls for plenty of reading and just as much practice to kill this test. I must confess that i have been beaten twice by now which is the price you pay for underestimating the CCNA.
    On the other hand MCSE exams are broken into fields according to a specific job tasks or operating system which i believe makes the workload lighter than what you have in CCNA. Once more i stress that this is just my opinion and others might have different views.

Cheers and good luck. :D
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • RamsesKRamsesK Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well since im just Net+ Cetified i am not sure of keep going on the MS stuff to get the MCSA or get the CCNA, however right after study for the Net+ i have pretty fresh the basic knowledge about networking, protocols, OSI model, devices, some security, media etc so if i just go a little deep on the objetives of the CCNA maybe it could be easier to study

well im little confused also about wich way i should go, CCNA or 70-290 (Windows server 2003 Environment)

thanks for any advice icon_cool.gif
    Formule One Racing Addict...
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • +CNENT++CNENT+ Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DanengDaneng Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice Score on Net+. Personally, I would go for Security+ next and then the Cisco route.
  • msrobinmsrobin Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • wjoyce25wjoyce25 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the network+ exam today and I have no hands experience in networking or any other IT application for that matter. I am proud of myself,but I am also curious to know what other certifications I should go after considering my lack of experience. :)