Recieved ICND2 Question on ICND1.

anfearranfearr Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, just thinking what people think i should so, passed ICND1 on Wednesday, now reading ICND2, turned a page and there was a disagram and piece of information that was a question in the ICND1 exam, I knew at the time that this question hadn't been covered by the ICND1 text and indeed the diagram was exactly the same. So what should i do, i flagged it in the exam but I also now know I got that question wrong.
Passed: MCTS: Vista, MCITP:EST, SAP Earlywatch (ABAP Performance Analysis in Netweaver 2005), CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice
Next: MCITP:SA (70-640)
Studying: BSC (Honours) in IS/IT Managment.

Comments

• miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    anfearr wrote: »
    So, just thinking what people think i should so, passed ICND1 on Wednesday, now reading ICND2, turned a page and there was a disagram and piece of information that was a question in the ICND1 exam, I knew at the time that this question hadn't been covered by the ICND1 text and indeed the diagram was exactly the same. So what should i do, i flagged it in the exam but I also now know I got that question wrong.

It is a regular practice on the Cisco exams to include BETA questions which are ungraded. They do not tell you which questions are BETA though.
    Nothing to worry about in my opinion. They may just be wondering how many people read just to the point on ICND1 and stop.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • anfearranfearr Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes but that is the point, it was not an ICND topic, its was a ICND2 Question on VLANS and quite specifically an ICND2 topic, my point is that in my case i passed anyway but for some unlucky person it could be the differance between a pass and a fail.
    Passed: MCTS: Vista, MCITP:EST, SAP Earlywatch (ABAP Performance Analysis in Netweaver 2005), CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice
    Yes but that is the point, it was not an ICND topic, its was a ICND2 Question on VLANS and quite specifically an ICND2 topic, my point is that in my case i passed anyway but for some unlucky person it could be the differance between a pass and a fail.

what part of
    "It is a regular practice on the Cisco exams to include BETA questions which are ungraded"

do you not understand????????????????????//
    icon_redface.gif

ungraded? = does not count on your score!

• anfearranfearr Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I suppose in what context would you classify it as beta them, I would have assumed beta was not possible a new question format etc but not from from other exam, fair enough that they are ungraded but for some it would be a real knock to their confidance.
    I suppose in what context would you classify it as beta them, I would have assumed beta was not possible a new question format etc but not from from other exam, fair enough that they are ungraded but for some it would be a real knock to their confidance.

That is what it is intended to do, it is intended test your knowledge and in my opinion, rattle the test taker.

With that in mind when I get a question that comes out of left field, I immediately assume (correctly or not) that it is an ungraded question, and then get back to the business at hand....icon_cheers.gif

• tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I can't remember specifics but I'm pretty sure I had at least one CCNP question on my ICND1 exam. Something about MPLS but I could tell right away it was way beyond ICND1. Adding ungraded questions for statistical purposes is not just done by Cisco so you had better get used to it.
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The ICND1 and ICND2 exams are due for an upgrade.

It looks like Cisco will be changing what is covered on the CCENT and CCNA.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

It's one question. If a single question can throw someone that far off their game, then they have some issues beyond that question.

And really, what's the big deal? You passed right?