Options

Packet Tracer for lab 10.6.2.1

TonyCCNAonthewayTonyCCNAontheway Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not having much luck with this lab from Networking Fundamentals. The router is locked and I can not configure PC-PT Host 1 to connect to the rest of the network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took a look at the lab. In the bottom left corner of packet tracer, select the Thunder bolt (Connections) button and then click on the light blue console cable. Move your cursor to the main field and click the PC. Choose RS232 to connect the first end to the PC, and then click on the router and choose Console.

Click on the router and in the Physical tab click the power button located in the bottom right of the actual router picture. Exit that menu and click on the PC; go to the center image in the Physical tab and click on the red button to turn on the PC. Next, go to the desktop tab and select Terminal. Click OK in the Terminal Configuration pop up and you should now have access to the router.
  • Options
    TonyCCNAonthewayTonyCCNAontheway Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got that... All the lights are green but I can not seem to figure our the subnet for the lab configuration. The router is locked and the book has no directions on how to manually configure the router.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hover over the router with your mouse to get the interface addresses. Re-read the instructions I posted initially. Below are pictures to support it; I know my instructions can be ridiculous at times :P

Lab10-2.jpg
    Lab-10-21.jpg

Terminal.jpg

Access.jpg
  • Options
    whotimewhotime Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what was stated above is exactly right
    WGU BS: IT-Security
    In Progress: C170, C246
    To Be Completed: C247, C299, C697, C698, C435, C436, C179