Passed the beast! Now MCSA!

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
Just finished with the beast (literally sitting in the parking lot typing this!). I had about 12 simulation questions out of a 40 question test. I was sweating bullets until the end thinking I didn't pass.... then I saw the score of 890. WTF? That was NOT fun or easy. I'm going to spend the remainder of the month studying just to feel a bit more confident and then more onto the next test towards my MCSE!
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! 70-293 next right?
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass. Enjoy the new certification.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    well done, the beast can be a bit of a hurdle to say the least.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just finished with the beast (literally sitting in the parking lot typing this!). I had about 12 simulation questions out of a 40 question test. I was sweating bullets until the end thinking I didn't pass.... then I saw the score of 890. WTF? That was NOT fun or easy. I'm going to spend the remainder of the month studying just to feel a bit more confident and then more onto the next test towards my MCSE!

Damn you are moving!

Great job. So is it MCSE by the end of the year? How's the new job by the way?
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    12 sims? That's gotta be record for an exam.

Congrats though.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass, that's a solid score.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Damn you are moving!

Thats my goal. It certainly won't be easy, but I think it is doable. Then next year I can take a little bit of time off.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    knwminus wrote: »
    Damn you are moving!

Yes, hopefully MCSE by the end of the year! It's taking me about 2 months to study for each of these harder exams. Next year, I'm hoping to tackle the MCITP:EA upgrade and CCNA.

The new job is good. I got switched from Tier 2 to the Security Access Team so my official job title is "Security Access Technician." I build AD, Meditech, Outlook, PMM, etc access all day including the correct memberships, DLs, etc. I'm getting paid about 50K to do it and I'm still technically a contractor but I'm fairly sure I'll be hired on. This job is RIDICULOUSLY easy which is where I worry... I don't want to lose any of my other skills working on just ONE thing. After I get hired onto the health system permanently, I'm going to have to bust my chops to find a way into a more network oriented department (though if I want to take my CISSP in the future, I am gaining valid experience at the moment)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Hopefully Im next :)
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Congrats! Hopefully Im next :)

Good luck! I recommend the Microsoft Press book and CBT Nuggets.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • J.QJ.Q Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your MS cert!