Studying for 70-680 while in the hospital...

Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
This has nothing to do with tech, though I wanted to post it anyways since it's exciting news to share. I'm in the hospital with my wife right now expecting our second child to be delivered later today. I managed to go through an entire section of Tom Carpenter videos on OnlineExpert.com (about 3 hours straight of video lectures) last night since we both couldn't sleep. Still sleep deprived my wife has given me permission to continue studying while she sits back and relaxes with her epidural.

So, even though I'm about to be a father again (the day before Father's Day no less) I'm still studying for my next exam.
-Michael Palmer
WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulation! icon_cheers.gif
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, she's actually loving the idea of getting attention from here... women...
    -Michael Palmer
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
  • Warsh1pWarsh1p Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    #Current Studies#
    || B.S. in Management Information Systems
    || MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit: Configuring Microsoft Windows 7
    || Element K Windows 7 Configuration Courses
    || Transcender: MCTS Windows 7 Practice Exam

#Certification Path#
    || August 2010: MCTS Win 7 Config (70-680)
    || November 2010: CompTIA Network+ (N10-004)
    || February 2011: CompTIA Project+ (PK0-003)
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    Something about that disturbs me. :\
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    congrats
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    hex_omega wrote: »
    Something about that disturbs me. :\

I can understand, and in reality I didn't actually do too much studying (actually only did it for about 20 minutes of the 10 hours leading up to the actual birth.

Speaking of which, Kylie Michelle was born at 3:27 PM and she's just precious.

Thanks for the congrats folks, this is the first good news I've had in my life over the past 2 months so it's a special day for me.
    -Michael Palmer
  • hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    haha. I was just messing with you. I admire your dedication.

Congrats on de baby. Hopefully much more baby making in your future.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

We just had our 3rd a week ago and I was in the recovery room working on an essay for English Comp II. :)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Okay, both of you are crazy! icon_lol.gif
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    sounds good. Congrats
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Okay, both of you are crazy! icon_lol.gif

Not really. While the actual delivery is the most chaotic flurry of activity you could imagine, its relatively short compared to the hours upon hours of nothing happening before and after. You might as well do something productive.
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Not really. While the actual delivery is the most chaotic flurry of activity you could imagine, its relatively short compared to the hours upon hours of nothing happening before and after. You might as well do something productive.

Second that one brother.
    -Michael Palmer
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Un...Plug...

And congrats on the kid :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, i have a baby girl as well her name is Jori (which means red rose in Arabic) and she's the world for me and she was actually the main reason I'm back to studying for certifications because i felt she deserve more effort from me.

And good luck for your 70-680 exam
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Speaking of which, Kylie Michelle was born at 3:27 PM and she's just precious.

Congrats! Did you demand to be treated like a king yesterday for your father's day?
    Decide what to be and go be it.