passed tshoot

burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
Well I passed my TSHOOT today. Cisco deems me competent enough to call myself a CCNP.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Comments

• notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congrats!!! It must be a huge relief eh???

As always, what's next? CCIE?
  • techEDtechED Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!!! Update your cert list :)
  • TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Congratulations. How did you find it?
  • fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    Sweet man! GJ!
    CCNP :study:
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Well I passed my TSHOOT today. Cisco deems me competent enough to call myself a CCNP.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Congrats man!!!!! What did you think of the exam? icon_thumright.gif CCIE next?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    So jealous right now! Congrats
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    TSHOOT was a cool test. You can't actually apply any of your fixes which kinda sucks but I suppose you're suppose to KNOW the answer, and not trial and error it.

There was one situation that gave me problems and several tickets had the same type of situation. I had 100 minutes or so left when I was working on them. I finally found the problem on them and finished the test with 40 minutes to spare. So that's my advice, if you get stuck on a ticket then move on to the next and go back at the end.

All in all I'm surprised I didn't get a 1000 because I could of swore I got the right answer to all of them, maybe it's just hubris.

**EDIT**

I'm gonna relax a bit while I wait for my TCP/IP vol I/II to arrive. Then it's time to start the CCIE written. While I do that I think I'm going to setup CUCM and try and get it to call out through GV. I'm not too privy to the voice side of things but I work in a call center, so it'd be a handy skill.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm gonna relax a bit while I wait for my TCP/IP vol I/II to arrive. Then it's time to start the CCIE written. While I do that I think I'm going to setup CUCM and try and get it to call out through GV. I'm not too privy to the voice side of things but I work in a call center, so it'd be a handy skill.

Hmm a call center. How did you wind up in that Gig? That is where I would probably belong.

Oh I side tracked...

Congrats on CCNP!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    congrats.

On to bigger things
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass and finishing up the CCNP
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written
  • Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    Congratulations!
  • CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    Congrats!!!! It must be a great feeling getting your letters :)

I am glad you had so much time left. This seems to be common for those who are prepared.
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    chmorin wrote: »
    Hmm a call center. How did you wind up in that Gig? That is where I would probably belong.

Oh I side tracked...

Congrats on CCNP!

Don't get too excited. We're a Nortel shop and mostly TDM. We are migrating to at home agents though, so that's moving to VoIP. I have some lame QoS setup for it all ready that works fairly well but I gotta improve that.
    I am glad you had so much time left. This seems to be common for those who are prepared.

Well like I said, if you get stuck on a ticket move on and do the next one. That way you can bang out a lot of them quickly and have time to go back to the harder ones and dig deep.

Thanks for all the congrats. But the studying has only begun icon_study.gif
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Congrats man. You earned it.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    excellent work!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    :study: Life+