Options

paying for A+, N+, and MCSA exam training in NYC sensible?

nogreengoo4unogreengoo4u Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi, so sorry as I'm a major newbie, but please help me out in what might be very basic..

I'm being given an offer of training for A+, N+, and MCSA exams (altogether) at a cost of $4,000

Around what should I be paying? Should I be paying anything? books are included

Comments

• Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I think A+, Net+ is easy to understand and study alone. You really don't need any hands on labs or anything like that.

Not sure about the Microsoft Cert.
    But personally, I wouldn't pay for training in A+, Net+.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi, so sorry as I'm a major newbie, but please help me out in what might be very basic..

I'm being given an offer of training for A+, N+, and MCSA exams (altogether) at a cost of $4,000

Around what should I be paying? Should I be paying anything? books are included

No need for training for all three, only if you feel its absolutely necessary. I would agree with spfdz on N+ and A+ not requiring training, but MCSA is a different story. Wait until you pass the A+ and N+ before you decide to go through with training for MSCA, maybe you'll feel different after writing the A+ and N+ exams. At most, the least you'll end up spending would be around $550 for both A+ and N+ w/ books and exams.

FYI: There is only 3 exams required to obtain MSCA after you pass A+ and N+ if there are no further upgrades inbetween now and when you decide to take the MCSA, since the CompTIA exams would count as electives toward MCSA.
  • Options
    nogreengoo4unogreengoo4u Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot, you've both been really great for responding.

I'm going to take a look at text books for A+ and N+ and figure out if I need the classroom assistance or not.

To put things into perspective, I found out that just a few years ago it could cost $4,000 to give a dog enough vaccines for snake bite!
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Well just a tip. For your first test you decide to study for weather it's NET or A or something else. Don't rush it. Do a chapter a day or something. After one day, go back and think how much you understand about it. If you don't understand it, read it again.

Do the end of chapter questions. Don't **** yourself.
    Example. Remeber the answer.

What I do when doing end of chapters question is write the answer down on a piece of paper and explain why I choose that answer, and why I didn't choose the other answer. I found this an excellent way to study.

Anyways, best of luck.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.