How realistic at the techexams questions to the real test?

poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just took the 50 question practice exam here, and did well on it. Almost seemed TOO easy. Which got me thinking, how realistic is it that I will see questions similar to this on the test? If they are similar to this, I should have no issues passing. I missed one question on the practice exam, and it was a stupid mistake... Thanks for your help, and this place has been a great resource!
Scott
A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
claymoore wrote:
If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.

Comments

• loopnutzloopnutz Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which practice exam did you take? I took the Network+ practice exam yesterday but only noticed that it was the outdated version as I had finished the exam. Make sure that it is still the current test version for the particular exam that you took. And yes they are pretty realistic to what you will see in the actual test.
  • poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just realized I have a spelling error in the title icon_sad.gif WHOOPS! :) Anyhow.. I took the only 70-270 exam available on this site. 50 questions...
    Scott
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is no "outdated" version of the 70-270 exam. MS is constantly changing questions but the objectives, I believe, are still the same. The practice test on this site test to the objectives.
    Will you see the same question on the real test? Who knows, you could see one very similar, This isn't a **** site and if those same questions have ever appeared on a real exam it was by coincidence.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Yeah.. this I know.. I just want to make sure I am not taking the test only to have something totally outdated... that's all.. I'm using testout and some texts for my studies ;)
    Scott
    claymoore wrote:
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The questions on techexams are good to test your knowlege of the objectives. They aren't that great on testing if you are ready for the exam.

Microsoft questions are often long, and provide you with lots of details that you don't need. They thow in little tricks from time to time as well. Often one word will change the entire meaning of a question, and somewhere in the 2 or 3 paragraphs, you missed it.

The tech exams questions cut out a lot of that fluff. If you really want to see real practice questions, I recommend Transcender.

So if the webmaster is reading this... I like the questions just the way they are. I don't particularly enjoy reading the 3 paragraphs per question. I get those questions with my Transcender. I used the techexams questions just for a bit of self checking (and also studying because I got a few wrong).

I also like that you can take them in sets of 5 and get immediate feedback. I don't like to get to the end of 50 questions, and then need to remember what each question was about. I self grade myself as I go, I don't change an answer when I get it wrong so that I can still view my final score, but I do take time to check the answer and read the explanation (which are very useful).
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    That's what I figured. I am using a combination of testout and measure up along with a certified microsoft text (can't remember the name of it right now). Testout and meaureup questions can be like 3 paragraphs long... So it sounds like that's what I should expect to see on the test.

Scott
    claymoore wrote:
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just don't spend all of your time reading questions. Many people get in that habit and all they do is memorize those questions. They then walk into the test with a high confidence, and Microsoft uses a different question pool.

Know the concepts, and use the questions to guide you.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Thanks DevilsBane.. I am making sure to learn the concepts as well as keep an eye on what the questions are asking... I took the transcender certification practice exam, and did "ok".. Got a 70%. Most of the stuff I missed was just like you said.. One word changed the entire meaning of the question... I ended up with a 70% the first time. I studied up and am taking it again today..
    Scott
    claymoore wrote:
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    Make sure to read the Q's carefully and that you fully understand what M$ is asking of you. Some questions are very poorly worded and can mess you up
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
    I took the transcender certification practice exam and passed with a 93%! Next up is one more practice exam to make sure I have it all down, and then I schedule the booth!
    Scott
    claymoore wrote: