Hackers leave M$ alone....

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
yeah right, but this story reads more hackers are turning to other popular software that doesn't update as frequently.....Here. Also, a good list of possible affections, and patches from SANS...
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    hackers are worthless zit faced, non girl getting, weasely trekkies & now getting even MORE lazy because M$ updates their OS. Just venting. icon_lol.gif
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    And more importantly, Microsoft spends a ton of money on R&D every day. The question is, do you think companies like Apple has the resources/money to roll out patches weekly or daily like Microsoft does? I don't think so. I know some of you are saying, "they won't need to because they are more secure than Microsoft OS's, and to that I say, just sit back and watch and be amazed by what unfolds. Some of the clients we do pen testing for are MAC shops, and a lot of Linux and Unix shops, the interesting thing I've found is this; Some of the exploits I stumbled upon (or learned from other people) years ago concerning Linux, MAC, and other OS's such as OS2, still worked on the majority of all new clients using the OS's. Unix, Linux, Novell, and Mac shops tend to have a very false sense of security concerning "security". It should be interesting to see how the industry responds to this in coming months and years.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    Some of the exploits I stumbled upon (or learned from other people) years ago concerning Linux, MAC, and other OS's such as OS2, still worked on the majority of all new clients using the OS's. Unix, Linux, Novell, and Mac shops tend to have a very false sense of security concerning "security". It should be interesting to see how the industry responds to this in coming months and years.

So true my friend. As I tell out *nix guru - the only reason there aren't all the viruses and spyware for "nix is because it isn't popular enough to justify someone writing it. In a lab situation I have seen some serious stuff that would bring a *nix server down pretty fast if it ever hit one in the wild.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I bet you have, I've seen some scarey stuff in several labs. Not only that, while sitting down with one of my clients to discuss the contract, he told me these exact words "we don't have any firewalls because we use redhat linux" icon_eek.gif I almost passed out.
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Hackers....... lol.

Hack the Gibson. icon_cool.gif
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Man, to many hours of work this week starting to get to me. I mis-read this column, and for a moment though the forums had gone crazy and turned into another media frenzied "Hackers are evil" progranda site. I was on page 3 of my enraged response on the ethics of hackers and mis-use of the name as given to criminals, when I stopped, re-read the article and realized everyone else was making fun of that mis-use of the term. And my response was really well written/thought out. Quick, someone say something stupid about IT, or blaming "Hackers" for all the worlds problems so I can actually use what was turning out to be one of my best posts ever :D
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman