Which one is better CEH or CCSA???

viks24viks24 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to know which security certification will be better if one is interested in pursuing a career in the telecom sector ( specifically wireless). I already have a CCNA and MCSE certification.

IS CCSA ( Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator ) a better option or CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker ) a better one with respect to security :)icon_cool.gif

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    If you're interested primary in wireless, you should go for the CWNA group of certifications, since there is a security specific one.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    However, I would recommend starting with a base security certification, such as Security+.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I agree totally with /usr, even though you have MCSE, Security+ will be a real eye opener if you haven't worked in that area.
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    viks24 wrote:
    I want to know which security certification will be better if one is interested in pursuing a career in the telecom sector ( specifically wireless). I already have a CCNA and MCSE certification.

IS CCSA ( Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator ) a better option or CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker ) a better one with respect to security :)icon_cool.gif

remember checkpoint s also vendor specific
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    viks24 wrote:

I agree with /usr..If you are looking at wireless and wireless security, do the CWNA then the CWSP. As far as the other security certs you listed, to pass the CEH, you will have to know quite a bit about several areas. So, even if you do not working in that capacity, it will help your overall knowledge. The CCSA is a well known cert, but if your not working in an environment that has Checkpoint, it will not help you that much.
    So, it all depends on the environment that you work in.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA