CCNP training

Howling MonkeyHowling Monkey Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Good day to all,

I'm currently have my CCENT, and will be taking CCNA in a couple of months.

My company wants to send to me training for CCNP(I am very thankful).

Anyone have any recommendations for training?

Thanks for your help
This is the end and the beginning

Comments

• billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    What are they sending you to a boot camp?
  • Howling MonkeyHowling Monkey Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We pick our own training, I know bootcamps our looked down and I assume for a good reason.

Who provides a solid foundation for ccnp?
    This is the end and the beginning
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd just get them to buy you the books and some training videos rather than going to some class. INE has a self paced CCNP bootcamp. I haven't seen the material myself, but their IE stuff is decent.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    Global knowledge self based training is OK. One main benefit is the exam vouchers and lab time on real equipment. However, you should also get the Foundation Guides if going this route as the coverage is so-so.
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cyanic wrote: »
    Global knowledge self based training is OK. One main benefit is the exam vouchers and lab time on real equipment. However, you should also get the Foundation Guides if going this route as the coverage is so-so.

They only offer free vouchers for CCNA training. For Professional levels, they do not offer them. I've taken three classes from them (BCMSN, BSCI, and CVOICE) and not one of them offered any voucher.

Save your company's money and just take CNAP classes. Find a community college in your area that offers CCNP classes and enroll.
    :study: Life+
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey dude, I am not sure what your background is. If you feel comfortable with material all ready, I say go for it. But you mentioned you don't have your CCNA yet and that kinda hints to me you are already working on over coming a knowledge/experience gap. Additionally there is a knowledge gap between CCNA and CCNP that is challenging to overcome.

You might want to consider the Cisco specializations (CCNA: Sec, Voice, SP etc) while building your experience before attemping a boot camp.

Best of luck.
    -Daniel
  • CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    zerglings wrote: »
    They only offer free vouchers for CCNA training. For Professional levels, they do not offer them. I've taken three classes from them (BCMSN, BSCI, and CVOICE) and not one of them offered any voucher.

I got the CCNP self based training last year that came with 4 vouchers. Perhaps they do not offer it for their regular classes but they definitely do for the self based.

I agree that it is expensive and my not be the best, but it is a viable option none the less.