? about the 2011 cutoff date.

morepowerrmorepowerr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the 220-701 & 702 test. I have heard It would be good for life. If taken before 2011.

So, Is this true?
And does this apply to any other CompTIA Certification.

I ask because I am someone who may not be able to afford take this more then once. icon_sad.gif

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    Straight from Comptia's site:

"As of January 1, 2011, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ certifications are valid for three years from the date the candidate becomes certified. A “valid through” date will appear on all certificates and certificate holder CompTIA ID cards. You can read CompTIA President and CEO Todd Thibodeaux's message on the certification renewal policy"

Attached the link below

Renewal Policy
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sky is right. I think all other certs are carrying their same renewal policies until further revised.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is true, same with Net+ and Security+, so if you also want one of them for life you should start soon.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • morepowerrmorepowerr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks looks like I have to get them will I have a chance. Guess I better get back to studying and borrow some cash. icon_sad.gif
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    morepowerr wrote: »
    I just passed the 220-701 & 702 test. I have heard It would be good for life. If taken before 2011.

Others have answered this with the proper link.

It is correct, if you complete A+, Net+ and Sec+ this year, they will not have an expiration date attached to them.

I ask because I am someone who may not be able to afford take this more then once. icon_sad.gif

Serioulsy?!!?

Come now, if you are working in the industry and you are earning income, then it would make sense you will be earning enough to afford continued training. The IT industry is not the only industry that requires folks to stay current. It also helps distinguish candidates from those who 'care' about staying up on technology vs those who only 'state' they know material.

So, if you are working in the IT field and you need to recerify you will:
    A- be employed with an organization who can either compansate you for training, or is paying you enough to pay your own way.
    B - Or if you are self-employed, then you are charging your clients a rate at which you recoup training expenses to make yourself competitive in the market.

Sorry, I don't buy this comment. And you are not the only one who has commented about CompTIA exams. Plenty of us have shelled out the cash to pay for these exams. The cert stays with ME, and therefore I benefit as does my team and clients.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?