Passed

brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed on Tuesday.

I couldn’t believe they gave me 3 hours for the test. I did it in 1 hr and 15 mins After the first couple of questions I knew that I would have plenty of time. I was thinking about taking a power nap during the test.

I was very relaxed on this test. That’s the first time I was actually relaxed on a test. I think the testing center helped with that also, very new, clean, cool, quiet, nobody else in the room with me cussing at their test like I usually experience. So at least I didn’t feel like getting up and hitting anyone. It was a bit of a drive for me, but I will do it again just for the environment.

I didn’t get the kind of score I like to get, 775, but I could have done worse and still passed. I’m happy with it.

I started studying for 70-291 when I got home, so hopefully in a couple of months I will be ready for that one.

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    briangl wrote: »
    Passed on Tuesday.

I couldn’t believe they gave me 3 hours for the test. I did it in 1 hr and 15 mins After the first couple of questions I knew that I would have plenty of time. I was thinking about taking a power nap during the test.

I was very relaxed on this test. That’s the first time I was actually relaxed on a test. I think the testing center helped with that also, very new, clean, cool, quiet, nobody else in the room with me cussing at their test like I usually experience. So at least I didn’t feel like getting up and hitting anyone. It was a bit of a drive for me, but I will do it again just for the environment.

I didn’t get the kind of score I like to get, 775, but I could have done worse and still passed. I’m happy with it.

I started studying for 70-291 when I got home, so hopefully in a couple of months I will be ready for that one.

Congrats. That is the same score I got, and we finished in about the same time too.

Good luck with the "beast" I don't think it is as hard as people make it out to be, but I also haven't taken it yet. Maybe my mind will change if I fail in about two weeks when I take it.

See you in the 291 forum
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

Just study hard and you will be fine. Check my thread in the 291 forum for some good resources.
  • J.QJ.Q Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Yeah, check out phoeneous thread it has some study material that he used. See ya in 291 forum
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the congrats. I will check out that thread. I have started reading the MS Press book for 291, it looks more interesting than 290.
    briangl wrote: »
    Thanks for all the congrats. I will check out that thread. I have started reading the MS Press book for 291, it looks more interesting than 290.

So far for me it isn't. Chapter 1 is pretty good, then chapter 2 drops off, 3 is good again, and 4 is back to boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 291 material will put you to sleep. I'm actually taking a break from studying for a while, the 291 stuff just got so discouraging and tedious. I am reading a couple of normal books and catching up on some gaming before I go back into study mode.
    xmalachi wrote: »
    The 291 material will put you to sleep. I'm actually taking a break from studying for a while, the 291 stuff just got so discouraging and tedious. I am reading a couple of normal books and catching up on some gaming before I go back into study mode.

The concepts are highly interesting, it is the nitty gritty that gets boring.