70% :( Network+

rwells87rwells87 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the official comptia practice test off there site, i have watched the train signal videos, im on chapter 15 of the lammle book. also i have taken practice tests until my fingers have bled. should i be discouraged? i have been at it for about a month. my score sheet was as follows by objective:

Network Technologies 71%
Network Media and Topologies 59%
Network Devices 76%
Network Management 76%
Network Tools 56%
Network Security 75%

Professor Messer videos break everything up by objective so im going to watch them all and watch my low areas 2 or 3 times. give me some insight on things i can try. i only need 10% but also i just dont want to squek by.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can take a practice test and fail it but past the actual exam. The same for passing practice tests and failing the actual exam. Don't let any practice exam score discourage you from taking the actual test. If you feel that you are ready to take the exam, go ahead. I feel that if you can look at a subject in the book and tell all the imporatant parts to yourself without going back to the book to read about it, you're fine.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I took the same practice test and made in the low 80's, but I got hammered on the second and 6th topic areas (60-65% on those). I used it to show where I was weak, and I got 856 on my actual test today. I would not let it get you down - just recognize that you really need to KNOW each of the topics on the exam objectives in detail.

I would recommend concentrating on the areas you scored under 75%. It seems that the Network Media and Topologies section seems to give everyone a hard time.

My actual test today was in the same ballpark as the practice test. And I seemed to have a lot of routing protocol questions - must have been luck of the draw...

Just be sure to make sure you don't miss any of the "gimme" questions. Be sure and know ports, cable lengths and speeds, WAN speeds, etc... Those questions are just memorization so don't give away those questions.

Good luck - you will do fine.
  • TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Which topics in the Media & Topologies section and the Network Tools section are you having the most trouble with. I'll see if I can get some tips/info from the instructor.
  • chkevinjob82chkevinjob82 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All, I just want to share with everyone that I passed my Network+ exams (n10-004) 2009 Edition on Wednesday, June 23rd with the score of 842.
    I studied for this exam since the beginning of May. I used the Network+ Cram, 3rd edition and I used the free practice exams on the internet, I copied the questions and answers in Word Document. Beside just answering the questions, I also make an explanation of why the answer is right and why the other answers are wrong. I recommend those who are going to take the exam, make sure you take the practice questions at the end of every chapters in Network+ Cram, 3rd edition. And make sure you understand the explanation of each answers provided. If for some reason it did not explain the enough detail of why the other answers are wrong, try do a little research, because during the process of researching, you can learn something new. Good luck to everyone that are going to take the exam.
    My next step is going for CCNA, MCSA, etc... Just remember study everyday for at least 2-3 hours. I think study more will pay off so I'm going to continue studying for my next exams.

Best of luck to you all...
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats chkevinjob82 on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rwells87 wrote: »
    Took the official comptia practice test off there site, i have watched the train signal videos, im on chapter 15 of the lammle book. also i have taken practice tests until my fingers have bled. should i be discouraged? i have been at it for about a month. my score sheet was as follows by objective:

Network Technologies 71%
    Network Media and Topologies 59%
    Network Devices 76%
    Network Management 76%
    Network Tools 56%
    Network Security 75%

Professor Messer videos break everything up by objective so im going to watch them all and watch my low areas 2 or 3 times. give me some insight on things i can try. i only need 10% but also i just dont want to squek by.

Continuous study seems to crack these sorts of qualifications. Make the study a daily thing and the marks should improve. Also produce your own tables of details for all the subject areas and memorise the minutia. I find a spreadsheet with different tabs for topics works quite well for that.