notgoing2fail has a little shameless behaviour in the past

notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
Ok seriously now. I have thick skin and I can take criticism.

But I don't believe I have ever posted anything that peeved people off. Why the heck did someone rated me bad?

Now I have a little red icon under my name....

All I want to know is, what did I do or say? I'm very curious...

Does anyone even remember me getting into a shouting match with anyone here?

Seriously now.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• tearofstearofs Member Posts: 112
    This is Internet !

And no, I didn't vote icon_twisted.gif
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    You have helped me a lot and you were the only one who usually stayed and helped me from all the problem that I had in my lab. I did not cast any vote nor voted anyone.
    Everyone here is very helpful at least for what I can see.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think someone is going around giving bad rep because I'm seeing more and more people having that happen to them. It tells you the user who gave you the bad rep right?
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I gave you a good rep now :D
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I erepped you as well, you have provides some good info in these pages.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I usually get positive and negative rep on the same posts. You can't control if people like what you have to say or not. It all comes down to opinion.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    thehourman wrote: »
    You have helped me a lot and you were the only one who usually stayed and helped me from all the problem that I had in my lab. I did not cast any vote nor voted anyone.
    Everyone here is very helpful at least for what I can see.

Thanks, hope I can be of future help down the road to you!

I think someone is going around giving bad rep because I'm seeing more and more people having that happen to them. It tells you the user who gave you the bad rep right?

That could be it? My red box seems to be green now...I don't know how to check who rated me? Do you?

colemic wrote: »
    I erepped you as well, you have provides some good info in these pages.

I gave you a good rep now :D

Thank you! Maybe that's why I'm green again? :D

tearofs wrote: »
    This is Internet !

And no, I didn't vote icon_twisted.gif

I usually get positive and negative rep on the same posts. You can't control if people like what you have to say or not. It all comes down to opinion.

I suppose if someone doesn't like my opinion that's ok. It's really hard to say. I just want to make sure that it wasn't due to some shouting match that I obviously never had with someone.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you click "User CP" at the top, the ratings should be listed immediately below in the center pane.
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm a bit curious what post you are getting it from.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    i like the rep I got once that stated simple

"you really suck at talking.... "

made me chuckle..... but I think there a few people who just go around giving bad rep as I had it on a post where I was just chatting to some one with a direct friendly comment. and never even got a reason for it. (i know it was not the person the comment was directed at)

at the end of the day i dont pay to much attention to the rep meter
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speaking of bad rep, I just received one. LOL.

It is easier for people to give you a negative one than a positive. Just like you see in product reviews. People seem to forget to leave a positive review if everything works as promised but when something goes kaput then it'll for sure get a bad one.
    :study: Life+
  • grayfox587grayfox587 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It happens to everyone, you break the norm, people are going give you neg rep. Just ignore it and keep going on man, I see you helping people on here all the time.

*looks at my red bars*

: (
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, its the Internet and sometimes people take things the wrong way. And sometimes you just come across a *****.

In other words, I have no idea why someone would have given you a -1. I don't remember ANY shouting matches around here lately.

Edit: LOL at this filter. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I seriously think that it needs to be moderated or abolished. One can go trigger happy without justifying the negative rep.
    :study: Life+
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It limits the amount of rep (neg or pos) you can give to one person. So its not like one person can sit there and neg rep you over and over.

What does this have to do with CCNA anyway? Neg rep to the OP for posting in the wrong place :)
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Ok thanks guys.

I went ahead and checked User CP and all the reps I have are positive.

Most of them from this thread so I thank everyone who +1 me. But I didn't see any negative one so I'm not sure what happened here.

But now I'm a believer that it was probably just some rogue member going around giving people negative reps...
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah your user CP only lists the last few rep votes you've gotten and it's anonomous.
    I got a negative rep for an old post today where I had answered a simple question for someone and whoever neg'd me said "did you really think this post was worth the time" and it got me steamed for a minute or 2. No use worrying about it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just checked my rep and some idiot called me a liar when i mentioned i saw someone complete a test for their MCSE in 6 minutes. Too funny!

+1 to the OP!
    It is kinda funny indeed.

I didn't know you can check reps......it's funny to see what people rep you on about.....

icon_wink.gif
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Ok seriously now. I have thick skin and I can take criticism.

But I don't believe I have ever posted anything that peeved people off. Why the heck did someone rated me bad?

Now I have a little red icon under my name....

All I want to know is, what did I do or say? I'm very curious...

Does anyone even remember me getting into a shouting match with anyone here?

Seriously now.... icon_rolleyes.gif

man up soldier.....icon_rolleyes.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
    miller811 wrote: »
    man up soldier.....icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh I'm manned up alright!!

It was my OCD that kicked in...the why? the how? not so much really the who....although I wouldn't mind that. :D

Anyways, I feel this situation has now been resolved and satisfied with the outcome.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ha, now I got dinged for giving you erep for you answering whatever question you answered, LOL...

The comment left was 'He ANSWERED a **** question that was posted'

Shame we can't see who drives by and disses us.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    colemic wrote: »
    Ha, now I got dinged for giving you erep for you answering whatever question you answered, LOL...

The comment left was 'He ANSWERED a **** question that was posted'

Shame we can't see who drives by and disses us.

Yes, I understand now how all of this got started. It was that dumb post a couple of days ago from some fly by member who was posting a **** question.

In my haste to answer his question, even though he mentioned it was a **** question in his title, I read the question and thought it was pretty good from a fundamental standpoint that others can learn from. Heck, I wasn't sure if I was even right!??

But of course, the problem was that it was a **** question. So therefore, in all future posts, no matter how good the question may be, if it is **** related, I am not touching it with a 10 foot pole!!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    FYI -- TechExams.Net is NOT a **** forum. TechExams.Net is NOT a **** forum.

**** Posts Get DELETED and the POSTER gets BANNED.

And in the future -- People ANSWERING **** QUESTIONS when the POST STATES it's a **** QUESTION will be BANNED.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
This discussion has been closed.