70-647

Well I used my second shot to take the 647 today and I passed with a 910! I'm not a MCITP:EA quite yet though I still need to do the 680 first but I'm almost there.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the great score!
    What all did you use to study and what's your experience level.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    I used the measureup practice tests and the testout videos.I also looked at the cbt nugget videos a little
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That is a very nice improvement. Good work.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • ZillatechZillatech Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the great score. what exams did you pass ?
    I've passed the 640,642.643.646,and the 647.
  • DeepBlue99DeepBlue99 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just a bit of advice...

As others on this board have said, 680 is a lot harder than it looks. Much more difficult than any prior workstation exam.

Take it seriously or take 620.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DeepBlue99 wrote: »
    Much more difficult than any prior workstation exam.

I don't know about that one, did you ever take the 70-270?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Congratulations, yes it's not an easy exam but since you passed all others i'm sure you will not find it that hard. Good Luck
  • DeepBlue99DeepBlue99 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I don't know about that one, did you ever take the 70-270?

Yep, also 073, 210, 620 and 680.

Win 7 by far the hardest of all these... in my opinion.
    DeepBlue99 wrote: »
    Yep, also 073, 210, 620 and 680.

Win 7 by far the hardest of all these... in my opinion.

I agree, I took 70-210 and 70-680 and I can say 70-680 is really a hard exam.
    I've heard it's pretty close match between the 270 and the 680 as to which is harder. I took the 620 and failed it the first time (first MS exam - lack of preparation) but raised my score by 200 points 1-1/2 weeks later.
    I've been studying Windows 7 off and on for a while now and I can tell just by the differences in the objectives from the Vista that the exam will be a LOT harder. I'm planning to take the 680 after I finish the MCITP:EA just to prove to myself I can do it.
    The OP shouldn't have too difficult of a time with the 680 after having studied the server technology behind 2k8 as that is the main part of the 680 that seems to get a lot of the people taking the exam. The 680 is geared towards an enterprise environment.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    I'm not sure how well the measureup test for this exam compare to the actual exam but I took a practice test a couple of days ago before I even started studying for this exam and I got a 70%.The questions were way easier on measureup than the measureup questions for any of the server tests.
    I've heard the measure ups that came with the book are a pretty good gage as to how well you know the material. I've also heard the test is still harder than the measure ups though.
    If you're using the MS Press book for the 680 then be sure to be careful in the deployment chapters as those chapters are poorly written and riddled with mistakes. I put 2 links in the sticky resources thread that have a lot of the text corrections in them.
    You are correct the measureup's that I have used in the past have been a good indication of how well you know the material but like you said the test is harder.Yeah I have the mspress book for the 680 and I recently purchased the testout videos too.