Options

70-680 Passed :D

BasilFBasilF Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Took my first ever MS exam today and very happy to say I passed with 833.

Only commercial exposure to XP, so was quite a learning curve to cover the changes in Vista and Win7.

Used the official press book which was pretty good (apart from all the mistakes!) and the MeasureUp test exams / study mode. Studied for 5 weeks - pretty much every day.

Have to say that the test questions with the book are considerably easier than the ones in the exam, I found the MeasureUp ones to be a lot closer to the real thing. The exam was tricky, and I'm relieved not to have to do it again.

Now onward to 70-685 (after a break!) - this forum was helpful to me, thanks to all those that contribute.

Cheers,
Basil.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to TE, and congratz on the cert! I'm planning to take the exam in a couple of weeks, and also do the 685.
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! Welcome to TE!
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on your first pass. Welcome to Tech Exams.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    PedroggPedrogg Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks guys :D

One thing I will mention, I put extra effort into learning about the new Win 7 tech - Bitlocker, Applocker, DirectAccces, Branchcache since I figured this would be highly likely to come up but I actually only had 1 question on this stuff!

Guess it's just down to the luck of the draw, but this would have been v. annoying if I'd failed the exam!

Cheers,
    Baz.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice score! welcome to the exams
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BasilF wrote: »
    Thanks guys :D

One thing I will mention, I put extra effort into learning about the new Win 7 tech - Bitlocker, Applocker, DirectAccces, Branchcache since I figured this would be highly likely to come up but I actually only had 1 question on this stuff!

Guess it's just down to the luck of the draw, but this would have been v. annoying if I'd failed the exam!

Cheers,
    Baz.

Congratulations on your pass, there is actually no rule for Microsoft since i got more than one questions about the areas you've listed.

I used the same material you've used and got almost same score :D and I did study for 4 weeks so it seems this is recipe for success ;)
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I'm looking to test next Thursday so hopefully I'll have similar results (been studying for about four weeks as well).
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    BasilF wrote: »

I think that effort will stand you in very good stead for the 685 icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Fugazi1000 wrote: »
    I think that effort will stand you in very good stead for the 685 icon_wink.gif

Yeah good point icon_cool.gif

Might start studying again soon actually, I'm missing it in a weird kinda way!! Anyone started on the 70-685 and care to share thoughts on study material - offical MS press etc?

Thanks,
    Rob.