Questions from MeasureUp

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm pretty sure that both of these are wrong:

attachment.php?attachmentid=494&stc=1&d=1277577466

I thought 2008R2 support all of these?

attachment.php?attachmentid=495&stc=1&d=1277577466

I just tried this and it would let me do a full image backup of my desktop, though my 14GB flash drive wasn't big enough. It also let copy to DVD. Anyone know whey these would be wrong?

Comments

• Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First one: The words are small but it looks like it says Server 2003 R2 instead of 2008 R2. If that's the case then that would be why you got it wrong. You'd know better than me though, but the 8 in the second question looks different from the "8" in the first one, so that's why I think it says 2003. 2003 server only supports PPTP and L2TP VPN connections.

Second One: The best I can figure is MS wants you to do a full image backup on a single volume instead of multiples. Since the USB flash drive is not big enough to do a full system backup then it wouldn't be considered a correct answer, same goes for multiple DVD's, you'd have to be able to fit them all on one single volume for it to be considered correct is my best guess.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sorry, I didn't realize it would look that bad. I guess the forum automatically degrades certain image types.

Your right, I don't know how I missed the fact that it was 2k3, I guess I've become glued on 2008. icon_rolleyes.gif

Here is the second question with a better picture:

MS%20Press%20Question.png
    I did some more research for you, apparently FAT32 has a 4 GB limitation when it comes to backing up and I'm pretty sure a full system back-up image is going to be larger than 4 GB, so you'd have to use an NTFS volume to back-up. That would explain why the USB drive and DVD-ROM won't work and also explains the bit in the question where it mentions that you recently converted your external USB hard disk to NTFS.

Link to where I found this information: http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/24463-backup-partition-ntfs-vs-fat32.html
    -Michael Palmer
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    I did some more research for you, apparently FAT32 has a 4 GB limitation when it comes to backing up and I'm pretty sure a full system back-up image is going to be larger than 4 GB, so you'd have to use an NTFS volume to back-up. That would explain why the USB drive and DVD-ROM won't work and also explains the bit in the question where it mentions that you recently converted your external USB hard disk to NTFS.

Link to where I found this information: Backup Partition - NTFS vs FAT32 - Windows 7 Forums

I guess that makes sense, but I have checked and I can backup to DVD. The NTFS vs FAT also makes sense but if so why didn't they mention whether or not the FlashDrive was NTFS icon_confused.gif:

Thanks for your thoughts...
    It's MS, they're known for having such vague questions and typically they won't go out of the way to mention stuff in a question unless it pertains to the answers at hand and why you'd choose them, for example the NTFS conversion mention.

I've backed up my home PC on DVD's as well, so yeah, I'm with you, I know it can be done. But I'm not sure if the question was meaning to pertain to a normal backup you'd do or an image you'd create for deployment or both... It's just too vague of a question... I guess I'd look at it this way, if you get a question like that on the exam then just remember what they said the correct answers are. The MS way on how to do things and the real world way to do things aren't always the same anyways so I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
    -Michael Palmer
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The measureup tests included with the MS Press books are absolutely the worst exam prep questions I have ever seen. Not only are they OFTEN factually incorrect, frustratingly vague, and sometimes not even grammatically correct, I have found the types of questions not even close to the real exam.

Please don't waste your time with these tests.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    +1
    You would think M$ would take the time to put out a quality product for Windows 7. I can understand how you might have a mistake in the syntax while working with DISM or image X. But, to see questions like: Bob wants to format her flashdrive, is just lazy.
    To be honest this whole study is really making me angry, they put out a lousy book with a lousy study CD. I guess I will have to fork out money for the Transcender study material as well. icon_sad.gif One thing that I'm thankful for is that the 70-685 book seems to be complimenting what I am currently studying.