Just scheduled my 701 exam

digitallyinclineddigitallyinclined Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys ~ I've been in IT for about 2-3 years now doing basic help desk and some desktop support. I passed the Network+ in January and have been studying from the Meyers A+ text since April. What kind of curveball type questions should I expect on the 701? I noticed the Network+ had a few questions that threw me for a loop. Any advice (NDA friendly) from those who have passed would be MUCH appreciated! Cheers

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hi guys ~ I've been in IT for about 2-3 years now doing basic help desk and some desktop support. I passed the Network+ in January and have been studying from the Meyers A+ text since April. What kind of curveball type questions should I expect on the 701? I noticed the Network+ had a few questions that threw me for a loop. Any advice (NDA friendly) from those who have passed would be MUCH appreciated! Cheers

Hello,
    I can’t say much due to the non disclosure agreement, but I will say that the exam cram book really helped a lot with the 701 here’s a link….
    InformIT: CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram:
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod

Know the objectives.

CompTIA exams are straight forward so if you understand the items on the objectives, you should not have a problem.

What material are you using to prepare?

Meyers A+ All-In-One and the Sybext texts are both very much recommended to assist with the knowledge gained from experience.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?