MCITP:SA and Degree

chaoticjacketchaoticjacket Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im in the process of getting my MCITP. I will be pursuing a degree directly afterwards. Would a degree in Health Services Administration would be Beneficial to get into Health IT? Heh I wouldnt mind being a Hospital Administrator/Manager either.

Comments

• phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I would think a degree in Healthcare Services Administration would best assist you in running a healthcare office. However the knowledge gained about HIPAA and other regulations would be beneficial.

My questions is why pursue an a degree in healthcare and then hope to work in the IT field? I only asked because I worked IT in the healthcare field and those of us in the IT field had A.S. degrees in CIS or something similar. Most office managers however had degrees in Health Services Administration or similar.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • chaoticjacketchaoticjacket Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well i was looking at the courses and it dealt more finance/accounting and healthcare systems. What Ive been hearing it healthcare IT is the fastest growing IT field. My thought process what better way to get in it than to get some kind of health degree.

Is my thinking correct or is there a better way to go about it
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think a general Business, Accounting, or IT degree will help you just as well. Obviously general certifications and some service oriented ones such as ITIL will help you as well.
    there wouldnt be any point in getting an It degree if i would already have an MCITP, the others are very general. Im trying to guarantee my future in Healthcare. Are there any other options than going into HSA
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Im in the process of getting my MCITP. I will be pursuing a degree directly afterwards. Would a degree in Health Services Administration would be Beneficial to get into Health IT? Heh I wouldnt mind being a Hospital Administrator/Manager either.

I work in IT Healthcare. I would look into Bachelor of Science
    Health Informatics as my IT Director did this at WGU as well just finish his master degree. He has MCSE Certification and that is all.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
    Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for