About Frame Relay

rinoelrinoel Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there, I tried to do some practice on frame realy, my situation is like this, I have 2 Routers being connected via Frame Relay each other(a frame relay switch in the middle), the ping is OK between the 2 Routers, but I can't ping from a network behind my router1 (192.168.10.0) to a network behind router2 (10.10.10.0), I put all of the networks in OSPF routing protocol, but I can't figure it out what the problem is... here is my topology:

framerelay.jpg

Comments

• fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    Packet tracer isn't very "OSPF over Frame-Relay" friendly... if I remember correctly, you have to set the interfaces to point-to-point with the command: ip ospf network point-to-point
    CCNP :study:
  • rinoelrinoel Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    fly351 wrote: »
    Packet tracer isn't very "OSPF over Frame-Relay" friendly... if I remember correctly, you have to set the interfaces to point-to-point with the command: ip ospf network point-to-point

That solved the problem... thnx fly351
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    When you use OSPF over frame-relay the default network type will be NBMA. For NBMA networks you need to manually define your neighbors. When you change the network type to point-to-point it automatically forms the neighbors. You should probably look into the "why" here rather than just changing it and moving on.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    When you use OSPF over frame-relay the default network type will be NBMA. For NBMA networks you need to manually define your neighbors. When you change the network type to point-to-point it automatically forms the neighbors. You should probably look into the "why" here rather than just changing it and moving on.

Are you sure that works on Packet Tracer? I thought I tried that before.
    CCNP :study:
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No clue man, never touched it. If not, its even more useless than I had imagined though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.