Options

Long sync with OS 4.0 on Ipod Touch

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone else upgrade to this recently? I did last night, and sync ran for over two hours, and still did not have all my songs, podcasts, videos, etc. Its been syncing again this morning for almost an hour, and still shows sync in progress.

Wonder if I should downgrade to earlier OS? This is a 16gb unit, with about 5gb used.

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i had similar issues and had to delete of all my songs and videos before it would update to 4.0 in a timely manner.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the 32GB and it seems to sync fairly fast. It took awhile for backing everything up but I figured that was because I had downloaded a lot of stuff since the last sync.

I did experience a problem when I upgraded as soon as iOS4 came out. The Apple Music and Video apps would both crash before evening playing. Wiped the iPod and reloaded iOS4 from scratch and it works great. Possibly a fresh install might help?
    WIP: CCNA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While upgrading to iOS4 it probably took about 3 hours. Then about an hour to sync everything back onto it. Along with that I've been having bad performance on iOS4 for the iPhone 3G. When I go to reply to a text message it takes about 10 seconds to load up. Along with that, the camera is incredibly slow. I'm probably going to do a restore and then load everything back up.. I've been hearing that will do the trick.