im a 9th grader taking core tomorrow!

Mario18ManMario18Man Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
yeah i just signed up for this site cuz my friend told me about it. im in the computer engineering technology shop at my school. over half of the freshman class in there has passed core. this is my first attempt, and im feeling really confident!

i currently own the "all in one A+ certification exam guide 5th edition" by mike meyers, some other cheap little books, and the "A+ PC technician's pocket reference".

in our class we go over mike meyer powerpoint slides, have like all of his books, and we even watch the movies with him. my teacher has a personal relationship with him, and a couple months ago, he came and visited our school!! unfortunetly i was sick and could not attend...

anyway, im going to do OS by the end of summer if all goes well. wish me luck tomorrow! :D

-Nate-

Comments

• reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Good luck, we know you'll do great! icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Good luck, :D

EDIT: I don't have mine yet icon_sad.gif
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Mario18ManMario18Man Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys! everyone seems really nice and stuff here...i like it ;)

hey how hard was OS? what did they hit u on hardest? its ok if u guys dont remember, its not a big deal

-Nate-
    hey how hard was OS? what did they hit u on hardest? its ok if u guys dont remember, its not a big deal
    I'd say it was somewhat harder than hardware simply because there was more material to know IMO. Seems they hit on Win 2000 the hardest on mine, but it can vary with anyone. Just stay focused on Core until you pass...you got it dude. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
    Yeah, my teacher said that 1 out of every 8 people that take it get slammed with 98. icon_confused.gif It's all good thought because we have 98 and Windows NT on our computers right now, and he's a really good teacher. Oh yeah, as long asI'm in highschool, I get to take my tests for free! How sweet is that? Even if I fail hardware, the second time I take it, apparently the school pays for it too.

I can't believe they make you pay like $190-$220...oh well. Life's tough. lol thanks for the help man, check back tomorrow night on here and I'll let you know if I passed.

-Nate
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • shudapshudap Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on getting a interest so young...

g'luck
    yarrrrr! yarrrr!! i hate thee who be a paper mcse!
  • ShaddowDemonShaddowDemon Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi! i found this site from Nate. Just thought i'd clarify the info about our class (yea, im in it too) just in case your interestedicon_wink.gif We're in a shop (our school is a vocational school with many different shops) called "Computer Engineering Technology" at our high school. So far, our class (freshmen) is the best. Our teacher plans us to get:

-A+
    -Network+
    -Windows XP
    -Windows Server 2000/2003 (hes not sure yet...i think hes gotta pass 2k3 first)
    -MCP (i think)
    -MCSA (i think)
    -MCSE

know what the best part is? its all free! The first or second ones test attempts are free...u eventually have to start paying if you fail though...Its the only reason im at this school. lol (oh btw, theres 14 in our class) oh...and...Windows NT? thats the on we AREN'T doing...we have 98/2k/xp icon_wink.gif

anyway....GOOD LUCK NATE!!! :D

!~!~! Chris !~!~!
    Now that's awesome ShaddowDemon. When I first got in HS, I was like "Awesome, I can take computer classes now!" Then...wrong. They were all dumb computer app classes that would be out of date in two years and no theory or hands on. The only good class I took was electronics and robotics, where we built real robots and did some hands-on electrical work. My school was in a co-op with other schools to teach Cisco Academy, but I didn't wanna get up another 1.5 hours earlier to get bussed 20 miles to another school. Oh well. Seems you're gonna get some good hands on, that didn't happen until I got my current WAN technician job. Sounds good dude, and good luck. OS and Network+ aren't that hard if you genuinely know your stuff. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Best of Luck
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    i failed guys...got a 470 icon_cry.gif ugh...nailed me on hard drives and network cables, even tho i felt i knew them really well, and i felt i was getting the questions right

theres always next time...
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Mario18Man wrote:
    i failed guys...got a 470 icon_cry.gif ugh...nailed me on hard drives and network cables, even tho i felt i knew them really well, and i felt i was getting the questions right

theres always next time...

Well, you gave it a shot and now you know which areas you may need to learn a little better. And yes, there is a next time :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • ShaddowDemonShaddowDemon Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aww, nice try...pretty close...
    thanks guys... icon_confused.gif
  • paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    Please don't be discouraged and try again. Study just as hard or harder. You can do it.
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    A+ does have a vast amount of knowledge in it. Which is pretty why I don't want to go for it. I will though, after I pass security+ in a couple months.

Of course don't get discouraged, try harder. And when you succeed, you'll feel a lot better about it then you would of if you passed first time around.

*I failed my G1 driving test icon_sad.gif
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • shudapshudap Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    take it from me, once you know it you'll do fine....
    when i wrote them core took 20 min & os took 15 min.
    my marks were core 775, os was 779.
    yarrrrr! yarrrr!! i hate thee who be a paper mcse!