Looking for work in NYC

TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any pointers? Besides the web, was thinking of going over to the department of labor to cover more groud locally. I'm still getting my resume in order, plan on finishing by July 1.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Needs 100K

Comments

• eljunbo809eljunbo809 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully, you keep us updated. I myself lived in nyc and i am studying mike meyers comptia a+ hopefully to get in the field of it. I am 22 and so far base on people post in this forum, there will be lots of challenge
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get the resume up to date and I would network myself out to your friends and family and let them know looking for a job in IT. Most jobs come from people you know.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Send out your resume to anyone who will listen. But be smart about it, tailor each one for the person who will be reading it. Maybe set up 2 or 3 resumes for the 2 or 3 types of positions you will be looking for, and always customize the cover letter at least with the companies name, and the date. But you also might want to switch it up a little more depending on who is reading it as well.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane, good idea, going to make one for help desk types, another for admin. I'll post it here, I know there will be lots of corrections I'll make
    Needs 100K
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    LinkedIn is your friend, find some groups for NYC on there.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed