Options

Another Passed Security+ thread...

proleonkproleonk Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed yesterday my Security+ with a 864.
I used Todd Lammle's, Darrils, Exam cram, Syngress books and this forum. I read Lammle's book first, was dry, but a good foundation. Darrils book was a much easier read, seemed a bit simplified and didn't go all to much into some details like the other books, but nevertheless, different perspectives = more coverage.

The exam seemed really easy, compared to some of the questions in the exam cram book. Some questions didn't seem to have an appropriate answer, but I assume those may have been the ones that didn't get scored.

Now I am off into the Cisco world... see you guys there!
Working on...
MCSA 70-290 (50%) 70-291 (5%)
ICND2 - 0% (on Hold)

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    proleonk wrote: »
    Passed yesterday my Security+ with a 864.
    I used Todd Lammle's, Darrils, Exam cram, Syngress books and this forum. I read Lammle's book first, was dry, but a good foundation. Darrils book was a much easier read, seemed a bit simplified and didn't go all to much into some details like the other books, but nevertheless, different perspectives = more coverage.

The exam seemed really easy, compared to some of the questions in the exam cram book. Some questions didn't seem to have an appropriate answer, but I assume those may have been the ones that didn't get scored.

Now I am off into the Cisco world... see you guys there!

Congrats on the pass!

Cisco = very fun icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass icon_thumright.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".