70-640 not that hard ?

za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
I started studying a week ago, around 2-3 hours a day because of world cup while usually I study more.

Yesterday I finished the Sybex book which I was good but I don't know I didn't feel it's as much detailed as 642 book ?

So I tried Measureup test and I got 70% which is pretty ok since this is the first book only and I got high marks in many areas.

Today I will start reading the MS book (I already finished the first 200p) I feel confident about this exam I don't know is it because I do know Win 2003 server well and I did pretty good with 642 or the exam/material is harder than it seems ?

My original plan was to do the test at August but now I think I can finish it in 2-3 weeks.

My biggest fear now is to feel overconfident and do the exam very fast and with second shot expiring soon that would mean a disaster since I will have to pay again for the exam and all the extra money for traveling and expenses.

Any thoughts are really appreciated.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nah, you should be fine mate. This is the easier one in the core exams for the MCITP. The sims you get in the exams are easy, just hope the exam engine doesnt crash on you when loading them!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Nah, you should be fine mate. This is the easier one in the core exams for the MCITP. The sims you get in the exams are easy, just hope the exam engine doesnt crash on you when loading them!

Thanks, but the sims is on hold now due to the problems they had and the exam i'm booking is 70-640 which doesn't have sims.

It doesn't really matter for me but I will be really frustrated if I had problems during exam so I'm glad no sims at least for now :)
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Already having experience with 2k3 is a plus. Concentrate on learning what's new in 2k8 and you should be ok.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Its not too bad. I passed 640, 680 and 642 all within about a month period.
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Its not too bad. I passed 640, 680 and 642 all within about a month period.

Great,it took me two months to pass 680 and one month to pass 642 it seems i will nail 640 in 3 weeks :D
    earweed wrote: »
    Already having experience with 2k3 is a plus. Concentrate on learning what's new in 2k8 and you should be ok.

Yea this is so true.
    Almost done, gotta admit though that GP is really hard I think it's the hardest in the book. I did a test yesterday and got 65% not that bad still around 20% of the book is not done.

My weakest points were in gp and ca (which i didn't study yet) i got high marks in every thing else.

I did schedule the exam in 27th there is still a plenty of time and i'm already thinking of next step (which might be wrong) i'm seriously thinking of getting SA since it's only one exam left then continue on EA track.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GP was one of my earlier weaknesses but after studing it more I scored highest in that area. CA had some really difficult questions and I imagine you'll have more of them than I had since I took the 83-640 and you'll have more multiple choice questions.
    I had a couple different formatted questions. Can't get specific due to NDA but if you're comfortable with the questions on the measure up you should be fine.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.