Passed 70-680

center1012001center1012001 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with a score of 716. Not an easy test at all. Definitely want to be familiar with deployment and new features in Windows 7 (i.e. BrancheCache and Direct Access), from my test experience.

Resources used:
Sybex 70-680 book (not recommended)
The sticky in this forum with 70-680 resources
ExamForce 70-680 test prep software

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE and congrats on passing this test on your first try!
    Did the examforce help at all? I've used it for several exams and found it to be subpar. A lot of errors and they just don't ask the type of questions MS would ask.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm curious about ExamForce as well, I've got it at my disposal along with several other resources but I'm not sure if I'll be utilizing it as a last minute study material before I test on the 6th.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't use it, it's really horrible. The CD that comes with the MS Press is shockingly better than ExamForce.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, yes it's not an easy test I found it much harder than 642 and it should not be underestimated. The ms book is good but you need to get the list of errors and corrections for it.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz on passing the exam!
  • center1012001center1012001 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The ExamForce software wasn't too bad in my opinion and it did help much more than the Sybex book. The questions that ExamForce used were similar to some of the questions I saw on the test. However, there were many questions on the test that I just had no idea about and none of the resources I used covered them. I found the questions on the test to be more situational based, while the ExamForce questions were more straightforward type of questions. I didn't try any other test prep items, so I have nothing to compare it to. To sum things up, I did feel that ExamForce helped because without it I would not have passed.
  • alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i used examforce for 70-680 and W2k8 and i have to say it is awful. For the price they are charging and the quality of content, it was very dissapointing. Their Windows 2003 stuff was alot better.