Options

Anyone here in Austin?

WillnetWillnet Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm looking for a tech support/helpdesk/desktop support position. No call centers though. I've got 4 years experience in the army setting up workstations and helping users and whatnot. I'm really looking for a job that is hands-on and where I can learn and expand my IT knowledge. If anyone out there is willing to teach and needs a guy to do the dirty work I'm your guy. I'm not in it for the money, just need to pay the bills, I'm more in it for the experience and its what I love to do! I'm lost without employment. While we're on the subject; Has anyone worked for Texas Disposal Systems (TDS)? I applied there today for a helpdesk position and really REALLY want the job. If anyone has any advice or just anything to say I'm all ears. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just as a quick piece of advice:

Although posting here won't hurt anything; I would suggest you build a reputation on these forums. Try to respond to questions with answers you just researched to help expand your knowledge and possible help someone else.

Building a social network is important to job success.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    WillnetWillnet Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote: »
    Just as a quick piece of advice:

Although posting here won't hurt anything; I would suggest you build a reputation on these forums. Try to respond to questions with answers you just researched to help expand your knowledge and possible help someone else.

Building a social network is important to job success.

Until I get some experience with certifications and specific topics I will be asking questions. I'm here to get information. In 2 years time when I'm more informed and have a solid grasp I will help others that are in the same boat as me with what I know just as everyone has done for me.

But I will try to answer some questions.
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am in Austin. I can't be much help with support or admin work but if you might be interested in doing software testing just let me know, last I checked we were still hiring.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013