took a plunge!!

someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
I didn't really study much and wasn't looking to pass it. I only had 1 area that I need to really concentrate on which is disaster& recovery.
All other aspects i did pretty well on. There was about 5 sims and the rest were questions but none about WSUS to my surprise.
My score 612/700, I am taking it again in 2 weeks.

Comments

• someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    Congratulations, that's great news. The 70-290 is in my crosshairs; did anything catch you by surprise, or do you have any advice to share?

Make sure you study your material inside out... and do alot of lab work for my clarification.
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    You'll do fine.
    Focus on those weak areas and don't waste time on areas you already know and you'll pass.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    WSUS is covered on the 291 exam.

Don't worry I reckon you'll kill it on the next go.
    Thanks! I had to pay 2nd time around but also get the 2nd shot feebe from MS if I "do not".I'm going over the MS press book again and I'm catching on stuff that I misread on my 1st review of the book. I hope I knock it out the way 2nd time around.
  • 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    WSUS is covered on the 291 exam.

Don't worry I reckon you'll kill it on the next go.

It's funny though, I got a couple of WSUS questions on my last shot a 70-290 (failed it 3 times now lol). Didn't get a single WSUS question on the two prior attempts.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
    94jedi wrote: »
    It's funny though, I got a couple of WSUS questions on my last shot a 70-290 (failed it 3 times now lol). Didn't get a single WSUS question on the two prior attempts.

So I took it for the 3rd time yesterday, I gave it a little more effort but came up short 30 points from the passing score. There was alot more sims on this exam than the previous 2. I'm going to purchase the transcender material being that the PressBook just isn't cutting it at all.
    On the 4th try I'll definitely nailing it because I been on this for a little too long.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep working at it.

I know some people that just had major troubles passing this test. For some it just takes 4 or 5 attempts. What are you using to study with?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Keep working at it.

I know some people that just had major troubles passing this test. For some it just takes 4 or 5 attempts. What are you using to study with?

Just the MS press book I also have the sybex edition, I'm trying to see if my job will pay for the Transcender material.
    someeh wrote: »
    Just the MS press book I also have the sybex edition, I'm trying to see if my job will pay for the Transcender material.

Transcender is a great tool, I have used it for every test (except my word exam). You could also consider buying the cbt nuggets, they were very good for the 70-290.

The Transcender is about $100, and the nuggets are about $200. But they are worth it. Don't skimp on materials, it might seem like a bargain up front, but when you fail 3 times you have wasted $375 and have little, if nothing, to show for it.

I also advise that you edit your second posting of this thread, giving a list of topics to know and specifically saying "some ___ questions were on it in regards to ____" are very different. The second would be a violation of the NDA that you agreed to.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Transcender is a great tool, I have used it for every test (except my word exam). You could also consider buying the cbt nuggets, they were very good for the 70-290.

The Transcender is about $100, and the nuggets are about $200. But they are worth it. Don't skimp on materials, it might seem like a bargain up front, but when you fail 3 times you have wasted $375 and have little, if nothing, to show for it.

I also advise that you edit your second posting of this thread, giving a list of topics to know and specifically saying "some ___ questions were on it in regards to ____" are very different. The second would be a violation of the NDA that you agreed to.

Actually only $250 with the 2nd shot! but I do agree,I should invest to get the job done.

Thanks, took care of that.
  • unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree that the nuggets for 290 are great, but you will benefit greatly from setting up a small lab environment to mess around in and try stuff.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka
    I agree that the nuggets for 290 are great, but you will benefit greatly from setting up a small lab environment to mess around in and try stuff.

I have a lab set up, the thing I encountered taking this exam 3 times is that there is always 3 or 4 questions that go in a specific topic a little deeper that the Press book doesn't cover. Which is why everybody has more than 1 reading resource to go over.
    I used 2 books, (read first cover to cover, skimmed areas of the second), used transcender, and cbt nuggets. I also asked a ton of questions on these forums, and did some research on the interwebs too. I had a small lab set up, but didn't use it a ton for this test. (Making up for it with the 291 though)

What is one area that you are weak in? Make up a scenario and try it on us.