Options

Backup software for NAS (Non Symantec)

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Anyone have any suggestions besides Backup Exec? This is for a SBS 2008 w/Exchange and SQL and I need a backup of local drives + local DBs to a NAS..Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    garv221 wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestions besides Backup Exec? This is for a SBS 2008 w/Exchange and SQL and I need a backup of local drives + local DBs to a NAS..Thanks!

What sort of budget do you have to work with?

What is the reason BE is not an option for you? (because this does tend to be a very good solution for most environements and is generally what I'd recommend 1st).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    What sort of budget do you have to work with?

What is the reason BE is not an option for you? (because this does tend to be a very good solution for most environements and is generally what I'd recommend 1st).

Budget is for a small business...like 1K. I'm very familiar with BE too and prefer it but I was curious to hear what other people recommend for a smaller level like this server. I'm tempted to try out the built in Windows Backup for 08 (like NTbackup).
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    btw how much does it cost to purchase BE ? we're a small business (less than 100 PCs and around 10 Servers)
  • Options
    za3bour wrote: »
    btw how much does it cost to purchase BE ? we're a small business (less than 100 PCs and around 10 Servers)

Depends which agents you need...1K - 2.5K