Passed today!

smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the Security+ today with a score of 823! I was really relieved because the test was quite a bit harder than I expected. For a while I was really sweating the outcome. There were some things on there that I don't remember studying at all. I used CBT Nuggets and Darril Gibson's book to prepare. This also completes my elective for the MCSA, so that makes it twice as good. Now I just need to decide my next step: MCSE, MCITP:EA, or CCNA?

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    smg1138 wrote: »
    I passed the Security+ today with a score of 823! I was really relieved because the test was quite a bit harder than I expected. For a while I was really sweating the outcome. There were some things on there that I don't remember studying at all. I used CBT Nuggets and Darril Gibson's book to prepare. This also completes my elective for the MCSA, so that makes it twice as good. Now I just need to decide my next step: MCSE, MCITP:EA, or CCNA?

Congrats!

As far as what to do next, what do you work with the most?
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Congrats!

As far as what to do next, what do you work with the most?

I work mostly on the systems side with Server 2003/2008, but have a big interest in Cisco networking. Basically, I'm just trying everything I can right now to land my first full-time job as a SysAdmin. I'm not sure if I should go higher level in MS or round it out more with Cisco and Linux stuff. It seems like so many places want you to know everything these days.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa