Options

ICND2 Booked

tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
Well I finally pulled the trigger.... I've got just over 4 weeks to get this done. I've only got a couple chapters left in the Cisco press book and then I can go back and do some review and more lab work.

I've done one boson practice test 50 questions and scored 80%.... I think I'll wait until I have one week left and do the entire 150 or so question test and then study my weak areas...

I've heard people go both ways on ICND1 or 2 being harder although it seems like a lot more people fail the icnd1 first go around.

Can anybody give me any tips on passing the ICND2 epecially in relation to the ICND1 without violating the NDA?

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dairou18dairou18 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed ICND2 today and thought it was harder than ICND1 even though I got a great score (& higher than on ICND1). If you can do well on the Boson test you can probably do well on ICND2. Read Wendell Odom's ICND2 book if you haven't already, everything is in there.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dairou18 wrote: »
    I passed ICND2 today and thought it was harder than ICND1 even though I got a great score (& higher than on ICND1). If you can do well on the Boson test you can probably do well on ICND2. Read Wendell Odom's ICND2 book if you haven't already, everything is in there.

Congrats! I have debated with myself which was harder ICND 1 or 2. Still don't know but I enjoyed ICND 2 more.

I would focus on routing protocols, and be able to configure them with multiple different ip addressing schemes for layer 3. For layer 2 I would suggest knowing how to extract layer 2 information using the various show commands. Other than that study all the other objectives of course.