Bgp + mpls

Well after about 5 months of studying I sat this exam at Cisco Live. Unfortunately I failed with a 785...kind of bummed. However I did totally neglect one section on the blueprint thinking that because it had been phased out of the IOS that it would not be tested on...I was horribly wrong (a gamble I will not take on any other exams). Got hit with about 1/5 of my questions on that topic...so ya. I pretty much nailed everything else, including the sims. Going to try my hand again this coming weekend and will let you guys know! Thx

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sorry to hear it man. I've got this one coming up in the 12th so hopefully I can be done with the CCIP then. Good luck on your next attempt!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Thanks Networker. It was certainly a hard ego hit, mainly because I am pretty passionate about the topics. But I'll just take that as a learning experience and get a little more familiar with the two. Good luck on the 12th man, hope to hear some good news from you that day!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well after about 5 months of studying I sat this exam at Cisco Live. Unfortunately I failed with a 785...kind of bummed. However I did totally neglect one section on the blueprint thinking that because it had been phased out of the IOS that it would not be tested on...I was horribly wrong (a gamble I will not take on any other exams). Got hit with about 1/5 of my questions on that topic...so ya. I pretty much nailed everything else, including the sims. Going to try my hand again this coming weekend and will let you guys know! Thx

Sorry to hear man... Use this as an opportunity to brush up on the area in which you didn't do well... I'm sure you'll knock it out. 785 means you were somewhere in the ballpark. Good luck on your retake.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker